“A great affordable place to stay when you visit Kinston”
Review of Seven Oakes Motel

Seven Oakes Motel
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Visited Sept 1st and Sept 7-8.

This is a very nice motel, run by very nice people.

They call themselves "the personal touch motel" and it's true. Depending on the person, this can be seen as an advantage or as a disadvantage. If one is accustomed to large hotel/motel chains whose rooms and furniture are all absolutely identical to eachother, they might feel this motel is out of sorts. But in reality, I found this place to be very clean, the housekeeping and reception services to be just as good as at a more expensive motel, and the rooms overall comfortable, spacious and accomodating.

- medium-to-large sized television
- refridgerator
- air conditioning unit
- sink inside and outside of bathroom

The only thing I would have liked to see is a coffeepot or water kettle, but that's something I can live without. I recommend this as a place with good rates and as someplace that is within a ten minute's drive, but away from the noise and commotion, of the downtown Kingston area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We just spent a night here on Sept. 1st 2012 and we were pleasantly supprised with the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the room, and the PRICE of the room. Our room was very clean, towels were a bit aged but clean none the less, and they soaked up the water off my skin as they were intended to do. These people crying about old furniture and sand paper towels need to quit crying and go rent a room for $300 somewhere instead of being cheap and paying $100. FOR THE MONEY our room was absolutely great and we WILL be returning on our next trip to Kingston.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Troy M
Reviewed September 1, 2012

During my stay I was quoted one price and charged another, I was told I was wrong/lying, and charged this new price anyways. It appears this happens a lot!

This motel is just plain shabby, and there seems to be a language barrier in regards to communication.

I felt very defeated by all of the above mentioned, and headed home a day early.

The floor of the pool is cratered concrete and the crevaces are brown...lined with dirt, you could easily cut your foot. There was a rotten grape in my sink, I killed an ant, the towels are like sand paper, the floor was dirty, and although the mattresses were new, NO TOP SHEET!

The customer is always right simply does not apply at this establishment, overall... A disappointment

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Thriftytrav
Reviewed August 31, 2012

When I called to book she assured me a "special rate for you". $99.00 a night for a jacuzzi suite....

Upon arrival she lost my reservations, I had to wait 45 minutes for my room and the price was jacked up to $119.00!

Should have turned around there, but in we went. Here's a list of the Rooms finest points:
Thick white film over tiled floor
Ancient jelly bean under desk
Missing lightbulbs
No fitted sheets, flat sheet instead ( woke up on the filthy mattress)
Dirty mirrors
0.5 ply toilet paper
Dirty light switch covers/lampshades
Cigarette holes in bedding

The pool was dirty, and I mean dirty. We didnt swim, and that was something I was really looking forward to.

It's far removed from the city centre, but close to the mall.

Hated it.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank JLBHES
7OakesMotel, Manager at Seven Oakes Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Hello JLBHES,

It appears that you have made a mistake. We never rent any Jacuzzi rooms for $99. Our lowest price for a Jacuzzi, during any season, is $119. We also did not lose your reservation. When you arrived at the office, we allowed you to check in right away. You did not have to wait 45 minutes.

As to concerns over the mattress and the pool, our beds are brand new. We have recently replaced the majority of our mattresses. Our pool is also very clean. During the summer, a lot of people were very happy with our pool.

We're sorry to hear your stay was not pleasant.

Seven Oakes Motel
The manager.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I book in at 11:30pm unannouced and they had a room and gave me room 51. It was an excellent clean room , I had a peacful sleep very quite. It had 2 comfortable chairs and a nice table and fridge if I were staying longer it would have been very useful. the owner was very nice and very helpful. If i am in Kingston again I will request room 51. The price was very reasonable for this time of year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2012

One of the WORST experiences of my 60 years of experience travelling throughout Europe, the Middle and Africa!

Cigarette burns on carpets that were strangely damp, unrelenting running toilets (in both bathrooms), non-functional light in one bathroom, paper thin towels and toilet paper – not sure which was thicker!

Bathtub wouldn’t drain so wife showered in dirty water.

GIVE THIS PLACE A PASS!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Marni93
Reviewed August 9, 2012

this hotel is very dated ... and the furniture is all beat up and the walls are very dirty.
it could improve a lot with a coat of paint and some new furniture.
the rads are all rusty and could easily be fixed up .
the beds seemed clean though .. which is a plus
the staff are very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple