“Jina Rocks” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Port Hope, Canada
“Jina Rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Salmon n Tuna mmmmmm, gotta try it. Nice people as well. Tempura was nice and crisp but not overdone. This was a nice find. Music needs some help

1 Thank Limelight101

Kingston, Canada
“The Best Sushi Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had never been a fan of sushi until I happened upon this place. Now I eat there once sometimes twice a week. The place is small so you need to be there early for lunch (11:30) or a bit later (1:30) because it fills up quick. They also have take out so call ahead and get it to go. Either way you will not be disappointed. Best food and service in town!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank blondiekingston
“Heaps of sushi for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having lived up the street from Jina for two years, I was a bit bummed that my first time in the store was a few months before I moved, but I'm glad I made it in before I did move!

The rolls (green dragon) I normally order are massive, I can barely fit them into my mouth. None of the size is wasted on excess rice, whoever does the preparation does not skimp on the filling.

Difficulty may arise from the locations small number of seats (I think they only have four tables), but if they are full take-away is always an option. Best values sushi in Kingston!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mablier
Belleville, Canada
“YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I went to Jina Sushi when we were house-hunting back in March 2013. It is a small place, very unassuming from the outside, but don't let that turn you away! Inside is cozy and nicely decorated and we received a very warm welcome when we walked in.

The service is incredible. Very attentive - our tea never got below half-full, but never overbearing. Very friendly staff and the food (despite the restaurant being nearly full, with a steady stream of pick-up orders heading out the door) arrived quickly. We were happily surprised with the complimentary soup & salad starter & tea - all delicious! I could go to Jina Sushi just for their soup!

The sushi itself was the best I have ever had. We went hungry and decided on one of the combo platters and even though both of us can eat a LOT of sushi, there was still enough left over to take home (breakfast for me the next day!). The quality cannot be beat. Fresh, packed with flavour, and simply delicious.

We have been back twice since (sadly we ended up in Belleville which is 40 minutes away) and last visit took our sushi-loving friends from the US with us. We had a wonderful time. Every time we have been the service and food are top notch. Five stars all the way.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lynn N
Kingston, Canada
“%$#@% Sublime!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wow!!! I have always thought that sushi was just alright. I'll eat it and enjoy some of it but I have never been one to go out of my way to have it. I have discovered that this is because I wasn't eating at the right sushi place. Jina Sushi has made me a believer. The spicy tuna roll is like nothing I have ever eaten before (so good we ordered one to go!) and even something as simple as the shrimp tempura roll was elevated to another level. Everything was delicious, even the salad dressing on the usually awkward bowl of lettuce starter that you get at sushi restaurants. Try it, it could make a believer out of you too.

Visited August 2013