“%$#@% Sublime!!!”

Jina Sushi
Ranked #228 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
“%$#@% Sublime!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wow!!! I have always thought that sushi was just alright. I'll eat it and enjoy some of it but I have never been one to go out of my way to have it. I have discovered that this is because I wasn't eating at the right sushi place. Jina Sushi has made me a believer. The spicy tuna roll is like nothing I have ever eaten before (so good we ordered one to go!) and even something as simple as the shrimp tempura roll was elevated to another level. Everything was delicious, even the salad dressing on the usually awkward bowl of lettuce starter that you get at sushi restaurants. Try it, it could make a believer out of you too.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lyge

“Must Try!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was skeptical about this little tiny restaurant hiding in Portsmouth Village but my friend assured me it was some of the best sushi in the city. And she was right! The dynamite roll is amazing, so good in fact I haven't even tried anything else on the menu yet. If you're a sushi lover give Jina's a try!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank AndreaM32
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“The best sushi in town!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Several of us from work go regularly for lunch and many, many more get take out regularly. I have tried most of the menu and have yet to find something that I didn't enjoy. The food is consistently excellent and well presented with generous portions. Unless you are going as a group and are sharing, you do not need appetizers with your meal. The staff are always friendly and provide excellent service. They automatically provide you with hot tea or ice water with your meal which is not something that you find often any more. It has become a favourite of everyone that I have taken there (even my younger son who would not try sushi for the longest time). It can be pretty busy at lunch and a sit down meal in the restaurant may not be possible, so be prepared to go early at 11:30 or have a later lunch if you can't do take out.

• Visited May 2013
Kingston, Canada
“A very good sushi cafe”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have gone to Jina sushi on several occasions. While it had a slow start it has become one of our favourite places for a reasonably priced sushi lunch. The "cafe" is small and seating can be limited. Take out is available. Service is friendly and at just the right speed (not rushed and not to slow). The Miso soup is always hot and not to watery. The menu has a good selection of different rolls and the larger rolls are more than enough for a lunch time meal. The rolls always have lots of interesting flavours (although sometimes there is too much sauce). The Bento boxes are also very good. Sushi and sashimi both provide a generous slice of fish. The prices here also seem to be better than other sushi restaurants in the city. For those who do not like sushi, there are other alternatives that are also well prepared.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Don_K_Kingston
“Tiny but TASTY”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have done lunch at this little gem several times. The sushi is amazing. I particulrly like the Golden Dragon Roll...ask for the two spicy sauces to be drizzled over to enhance flavour. These rolls are messy, so you may want to stick to the California Rolls or smaller rolls if you are on a first date. Soup is great, salad and ginger is fresh, very tasty and oh...a sweet fresh little desert to finish off. Good value too...did not cost much for a full sit down lunch. I have rarely had anything that was not amazing here. Please be patient if you arrive and they are busy...good things come to those who wait! Go early, 11:30 or so, for lunch and you will be guaranteed a seat. Like I say, this place is small...so it is not good for more than four people I guess.
Hate to end on a bad not so I will say this again.
I LOVE THESE GOLDEN DRAGON ROLLS!!!
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!
FRESH FRESH FRESH!!!
If I could...I would eat here every day for lunch.
I must assume their dinner is pretty amazing too.

• Visited November 2012