“Good food and service...atmosphere a little lacking.”

Chinese Palace Restaurant
Ranked #258 of 435 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We selected the Chinese Palace at random on our GPS. It is 5 or 10 minutes outside of the big shopping/commercial area in Kingston. The food was very decent and good quality. I've had better, but I'd also had much worse. Service was very friendly and attentive. Prices were NOT all that reasonable, except for the luncheon menu, which had the usual "no substitutions" rule which cancels out the price benefit, in my opinion.

Décor is tired and a bit outdated. Sort of dark and gloomy inside. The atmosphere just wasn't cutting it for me. When in Kingston, I would order Chinese food from here again, but I'd probably get take-out instead of eating in.

There are newer reviews for Chinese Palace Restaurant

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

My family has been ordering from here for years! The best chicken balls in town!!! Very friendly staff , amazing food and fair prices. All you could want!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stopped by here as it was the number one rated Chinese restaurant in the Kingston area. It is quite far out from downtown. We weren't aware of that because we are not local. Quite glad that we made the drive. Very tasty meal and the portions are huge. I would have ordered one less dish (ordered four) if I know how large the portions were going to be. Meals could have been a bit more spicier though. Very friendly staff too.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Chinese Palace , Sliver Wok , and Lechee Gardens used to all be where I went for chinese food..Unfortunately the latter two got very sloppy with my orders and the food sent from the kitchen, so I stopped going there.
I enjoy the CP very much ,dinners for 1 are reasonable and portions huge
they have a buffet fri/sat nights I still go to Lee garden for buffet) no salad bar or dessert bar here but priced reasonable..give them a try

1  Thank thephoenixrisesagain
Reviewed March 20, 2012

For many years in the west end of Kingston the Chinese Palace has served outstanding food for reasonable prices. Their Friday and Saturday buffets are well known by the locals for fresh cooked food with wonderful taste, not something you always find at chinese buffets. Whether we are looking for delivery, take out or eat in, we know we can never go wrong with the Palace. Oh and their home made Almond Cookies are the best, if you don't see any ask.

1  Thank highbrae