“Comfort Food with a Twist”
Review of Red House

Red House
Ranked #47 of 447 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Red House is a locally owned up-scale bar and gastropub specializing in regionally sourced ingredients on the menu and serving distinct craft beers. Being known for excellent food and a welcoming atmosphere, Red House continues to deliver a unique dining and beverage experience in Kingston. Guests can expect the fun and prices of a local pub, the ambiance of a rustic cocktail bar and product quality of a high-end eatery.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I just got back from lunch at the Red House and had to write about one of the best lunches I have had in a while.
Being a Friday we decided to drive downtown for lunch (even with all the construction happening on Princess Street).
The restauarant was fairly empty when we arrived at 12:01. We sat in the lower lever to the back which has an open window into the kitchen. The chefs were a hoot to listen to and watch. You could tell they love their jobs!
I ordered the fried chicken sandwich on a buttermilk biscuit with pickles and honey mustard with a side aruluga salad with parmesan and vincotto for $13.50.
It was comfort food with a twist. Delicious!!
For dessert we had coffee with 2 large home made chocolate chip cookies. The ultimate in comfort food!!
The service was quick, food came within 10 mintues. Our waitress was knowledgeable and helpful.
Next time we are going to sit at the large wooden table with bar stools infront of the bar.
I would highly recommend this local restaurant for lunch or just to place to pop in for a drink after work.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We visited the Red House for Mother's Day (6 in our group) and was very disappointed that the roasted chicken was a very small chicken thigh. This is a cut of meat that I would never consider buying due to dark meat, small and fatty. The menu should be more specific or the waitress should advise. I would have never expected this is a restaurant of this caliber.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Decided to try this place as I've heard plenty of good things. It was Sunday night and we were one of two tables at first. Very quiet, very nice. The staff are extremely friendly, the drink list is great. However, the food is so far below average that I'll never order food from here again. I ordered the poutine and once it arrived at my table, I had immediately lost my appetite. The way it looked and smelled was enough, but I decided to try it anyway. I took one bite and it was game over from there. I hope no one ever tries their first poutine at this place. With that being said, the staff are incredible, as is the decor and atmosphere. I will 100% return, just not to eat!

1  Thank smaramer
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Food was great and the atmosphere was warm enough to keep us around for another 5 hrs. It can be loud but that seemed to be partly due to how busy it was.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

A great little place to kick back and listen to some good music. It can be a bit loud sometimes, but you get over it after a while... the crowd can be different, but still worth a visit for a little hole in the wall club