“Love it!”

Ranked #15 of 18 Dessert in Kingston
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ever since I first tried this place, I've been obsessed with their hazelnut ice cream and I go back every few months to get my fix. I almost always get the So Much To Say crepe (crepe with hazelnut ice cream, bananas and chocolate sauce) I just love the ice cream and the fresh fruit and it is the perfect size to share with someone. I have tried their cakes and I find it's hit and miss. I love red velvet but theirs was nothing special. I have also tried the Godiva cake and it was good but it was just too much chocolate for my taste (though I'm sure chocolate lovers will devour it) Service has also been pretty good. It sometimes takes a few minutes to get seated but once I am, the waitress is pretty prompt and one thing is for sure - once my order goes in, it comes out pretty quick. Definitely worth trying and I would recommend sticking with the crepes. They may be a bit pricey but I think they're worth it!

1  Thank Juicebox98
There are newer reviews for Spin Dessert Cafe

Reviewed May 24, 2013

When we first got into Spin, we all assumed it would be a nice place to have a desert after our meal. After we got seated in the grungy, decor lacking basement, we knew we were mistaken. Filled with nothing but loud teenagers we had to wait a very long time to order, and even longer to be served. None of us wanted to wait this long...in a basement...for desert.

It would be nice to see the service improve but I doubt that will happen, so I will not be back.

5  Thank Ian L
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Went with my 9 yr old daughter for a girls night. We both ordered ice cream with dessert crepes. The food is yummy, good portions, a bit on the pricey side. The service not so good, very slow. They took 10 minutes after I placed my order to tell me what I ordered they were out of :/
The staff are friendly enough, but I'll only go back when I'm not in any hurry.

4  Thank TravellinGal2012
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My latte was excellent and I split a chocolate brownie with a friend. It was all very tasty, priced at about what you would expect. Portion on the brownie was huge and it came with whipped cream and chocolate sauce! Yum!

3  Thank terriffic
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family and I were on a shopping trip and decided to stop for a quick dessert and coffee.
It took 20 minutes to received our drinks and 45 minutes to recieve the dryest carrot cake I have ever tasted. We were very dissapointed and will not return to this restaurant.

4  Thank Kittyminky