“Good drinks and apps”

Milestones
Ranked #46 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether you come for a favourite meal or love trying new and trendy dishes, Milestones is all about great food without the pretension. Serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch, there's something for everyone. Make sure to try our signature drink, the Original Bellini when you stop by.
“Good drinks and apps”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Great for drinks and appetizers but their mains are mediocre. Hard to get prompt service. Ordered a salad with chicken in it to go a couple months earlier and they forgot the chicken. Staff can be seen on their cellphones frequently which is probably why they are not focused on customers

1 Thank Whitney D

Nova Scotia
“Very good”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Visited Milestones for the third time last evening. Once again perfect food, atmosphere and service. My husband had the steak with shrimp, I had a Thai inspired chicken with greens and Jasmine rice ( loved it, not too spicy).

Ottawa, Canada
“Very nice”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Went for supper and sat in the bar area as it is much brighter than the dining room. Many patrons in the area. Location is great with street view. What they have done with the old stone building is amazing. Old walls and structure have been retained and displayed. Lighting and décor, though modern, really highlight the area. Wait staff was very friendly and helpful with food choices. Our selections were brought out as requested, no rush was emphasized. Wait staff waited for us to signal when we wanted our food to be served. Food was well prepared and presented and was very tasty. Would definitively return.

1 Thank Robert C
“Perfect!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

i was away for work and went to Milestones for dinner in the lounge section with my book and it was great! staff was very respectful and discret. i had a great meal and great vine. everyday they have great special; it is Worth to try.

Canada
“Way Better than Expected”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I'm not usually a fan of chain restaurants. In fact, I avoid them whenever possible. But my husband and I were looking for a new place to have dinner in Kingston. On top of that, I was motivated to go there because the restaurant had made such efforts to clean up its exterior after a long, hard winter--I wanted to reward that work!

We made a reservation, and my husband asked for a quiet table. It's a very big restaurant, and the size and noise are almost the only drawback (for those who actually want to engage in conversation). We were put in a booth near the back of the restaurant, but the wall between us and the folks at the next table was not very high. This was a little bit of a problem when their server (not our own) talked to his clients: He had a very booming, hearty voice, and we unwittingly heard every single word.

Also, wanting a quieter location seems to mean you don't get to eat in the front room, by the windows. This may not be a problem in the winter, when it's dark at dinner time and there isn't much to look at, but it may be more of an issue in the spring and summer, when being near a window may be more important.

In any case, other than our location, everything else about the meal was close to superb. I'm amazed I'm saying this about a chain restaurant.

At the beginning, our server suggested to us a kind of taster's menu of three 3-ounce glasses of wine, for $15. You could get any three of the wines on the menu. Though this was tempting, we each preferred to stick with one kind of wine throughout the dinner. I had nine-ounce glass of a very nice light, crisp Vino Verde, which I really enjoyed.

We ordered a goat-cheese, baked garlic, and flat bread as a shared appetizer. It was excellent. The cheese had been warmed, the garlic was both sweet and savory, the flat bread was fresh, and we also received a fig compote and a cranberry compote for dipping our bread. This appetizer was almost a meal in itself. We ate every bit of it.

For his main course, my husband ordered a red curry chicken, which he enjoyed and says he would order again. For my main course, I had the seafood salad. It was impressive! I received a piece of grilled salmon and about eight grilled shrimps. The salad also had papaya and fresh avocado in it. The whole thing was served on a base of very fresh mixed greens.

Altogether, it was a lot of food, and neither of us wanted dessert.

The service was very attentive--at times almost spookily so, since our server would show up without our even noticing that she was nearby (we were very caught up in talking).

I have to say, we were very pleasantly surprised by the whole experience: I do not expect such a high quality of food from a chain, and for a very reasonable price. While I do feel some obligation to support the non-chain restaurants in Kingston, I will definitely come back to Milestones!