“Never again”
Review of Milestones

Milestones
Reserve with OpenTable
Milestones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 445 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Whether you come for a favourite meal or love trying new and trendy dishes, Milestones is all about great food without the pretension. Serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch, there's something for everyone. Make sure to try our signature drink, the Original Bellini when you stop by.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Was at milestones in Kingston last night with my daughter and two friends celebrating her 21st birthday. Right from the get go it was bad. Our server didn't come near us for a drink selection until after 20minutes we flagged down another waitress. When he finally took our order it took another 20minutes to get the drink. We were ready to order appetizers however had a question about one of them due to an allergy and again had to flag down another waitress. We ordered and the entres came all but mine. It was the wrong dish. The others were almost finished eating by the time I got mine and then mine wasn't cooked. They offered to take the meal off the bill and gave us a free desert however that came anyway due to birthday. We had been for a drink at another restaurant before this and should have stayed there...Not worth the money!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Milestones has changed since it was THE place to eat in Vancouver in the late '80's. I'd been looking forward to experiencing it here in our town more for the ambiance than for the food. I really wanted to see the transformation of the old S&R building. WOW! Superb!...and dinner wasn't half bad either.
I had the Shanghai Noodle Stir fry which was quite pleasant with a couple frosty pints.
On the downside, the service wasn't great. We were seated at a VERY dark table and actually used a friend's little flashlight to read the menu....our waitress was aware of this but never suggested a different table. I suppose we could have asked for one but instead we just tried to make "light" of the fact that it was pitch black....

1  Thank LBtravelandfood
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I last reviewed Milestones in December 2011, and at that time, I was willing to chalk up the less than stellar experience as Growing Pains.

On Thursday January 16 2014, this family of 6 adults returned to Milestones to celebrate my daughter's boyfriend's 30th birthday, and it was terrrific.

Our waitress was pleasant and efficient, there when we needed her and unobrusive when we didnt - she checked on us a couple of times and that was great. All our mains came out at the same time, and were piping hot and as done as we had requested.

For appetizers we had the bruschetta which is a large order meant to be shared and was delicious. Also indonesian chicken wings (some liked them, some didnt like the glaze),and calamari (thumbs up for that).

The mains were prime rib, portobello mushroom chicken, striploin steaks - all were delicious, the steaks were done exactly as we had ordered them, the prime wasnt too fatty, the garlic mashed were creamy and garlicky. The portions were just right, though some smaller appetites ended up taking some of their dinner home. Some indulged in dessert - sadly, the key lime pie is only available as a dessert shooter, but the apple crumble was said to be "divine"!

We had a bottle of the Beringers merlot, and assorted cocktails and beer. For 6 adults with hearty appetites who had appetizers, mains and dessert, as well as the liquor, the bill was about $350.00, so about $70 per couple - in our estimation, it was worth it.

We had a wonderful dinner experience at Milestones this time around, and I would definitely go back for more!

Another tip - the appetizer Crispy Phyllo Shrimp is marvelous - the sweet spicy sauce really perks up your taste buds!

Here is a link to the Milestones menu:

They also have healthy options, like gluten free and reduced sodium.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Loved seeing what they did with the old S & R building but not so impressed with the restaurant itself. I found the service to be lacking and the menu unimpressive.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

stay away from the ribeye steak. I'm pretty sure if was the last pick. i understand it is a more fatty cut but this was absolutely terrible. very noisy can barely here yourself talk. this was my third time at milestones and it just keeps getting worse. I hope they can make some changes and we will try again. PS staff was good to me but could off offered something base on my 2 oz of meat and 6 oz of fat dinner