“Geneva Crepe Bistro - Kingston - Worth the trip”

Geneva Crepe Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #26 of 428 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: A taste of Paris in the heart of Kingston.
London, Canada
“Geneva Crepe Bistro - Kingston - Worth the trip”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am a big, big fan of Trip Advisor. I often share my hotel, flight, restaurant experiences on the review site because I think it is invaluable to get someone’s honest opinion on a property or eatery.

We got the suggestion to eat here from Trip Advisor last summer while we were on vacation in Gananoque, Kingston, Thousand Islands and Ottawa. Although a bit pricey the Geneva Crepe Bistro was able to cater to all our needs. I have one picky eater that thinks plum sauce with chicken fingers is exotic. Don’t be putting any fancy ingredients into his crepe!

The Geneva is charming. Truly a bistro with both indoor and outdoor seating. It is on a lovely shopping street where you can find little shops and interesting fodder. It is situated in downtown Kingston.

If you come with a larger group, you might want to give them a call in advance to reserve a table. Otherwise, just drop by (as we did). The creations are made right in front of you on a traditional crepe machine. The batter is poured on and then swirled around to create the perfect crepe. The smell in the cafe is wonderful as you sit and wait (patiently) for your gourmet crepe. They serve traditional Swiss chocolate and a variety of coffee choices.

We had a variety and each one was, well, a bit of a masterpiece. The flavours were balanced and the consistency was perfect. Sometimes you get a crepe that has a filling that is too runny or less then flavourful. However, that is not the case here. Below is a picture of what we ordered and what was in each crepe. You can find a full menu of the crepes on their website.

Although we had Crepes, the menu has other tasty treats that you can choose from: Swiss Cheese or Chocolate Fondue, an assortment of panini sandwiches, daily soup and salads. Their extensive Latte menu was pretty impressive too!

Overall it was a great experience and we would recommend it.

You can read my full review on my blog: http://www.downshiftingpro.com/2013/09/delicious-treats-in-kingstongeneva.html

• Visited July 2013
Genevieve P, Owner at Geneva Crepe Cafe & Bistro, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback.

“Great crepes, terrible service!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Went there late saturday afternoon of the Labour Day long weekend and it was the worst service ever! They took forever to bring our food! The server didn't even apologize or ask how we were doing until I asked about the food. The place is cute looking and very busy but they only had one person making the crepes and 2 waitresses for the whole place! Once the good finally arrived, it was amazing (the Versailles, Parisien and Toulousse crepes were fantastic), but I don't know if it's worth waiting 40 mins for. I left with my hunger satisfied but cranky!

• Visited August 2013
Belgie
“Delicious breakfast !”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I found this jewel through Tripadvisor and we took our breakfast there, it really is a 'must' !
The True Canadian Crepe and the Fresh Fruit Bowl was delicious !

• Visited August 2013
Thank you and we hope to see you next time you are around!
Napanee, Canada
“Horrible experience.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Well after reading the reviews of this café I was unfortunately mislead into trying it out. We waited such a long time to get our overpriced mediocre quality meal that I almost gnawed my own arm off in hunger. The place is so cramped that there is hardly room to move around in. It was no point complaining to the manager because she just got all defensive and not a bit apologetic. The crepes we had were average (once we finally got them after a 45 min wait). I had the smoked salmon and my husband had the supreme. At a cost of $11 and $15 you think that would be enough to satisfy our hunger but it definitely was not. This could be a nice place if they could be more efficient and not be so chincy. All in all will not be returning. Not sure how this place earned some kind of tripadvisor award!!

• Visited July 2013
Hello , I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us. It seems that you were not informed of the wait time prior to ordering and I apologize. When we do get very busy, it is our policy to inform customers if wait time will exceed 20 min. for food orders as some people don't mind waiting and others choose to return when not so busy. The ingredients we use are all of the highest quality and priced accordingly. For the smoke salmon crepe we use a wild caught sustainable BC Sockeye salmon which is smoked and flash freeze on the river. This type of fish is much more pricey then farm raised salmon. If you would like to discuss further you can email me directly at genevieve@genevacrepecafe.ca or call me 613-507-0297 Thank you.
“Delicious crepes, but pricey”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited twice during our weekend stay in Kingston. Once with my boyfriend's brother and sister, and the second time just my boyfriend and I.
The first time I ordered the smoked salmon crepe, boyfriend and his sister got the nutella with strawberries, his brother got the crepe with apples and cinnamon. The crepes were really delicious. mine had a bit too much lettuce in it, taking away from the taste of the salmon but overall we were very happy with the crepes. Our second visit we got the crepe with the brownie and ice cream and it was fantastic.
Service was friendly and quick.

Visited August 2013