“Outstanding”

Ranked #27 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: French, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: A taste of Paris in the heart of Kingston.
Kingston, Canada
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stopped in for lunch and were amazed at the selection available to us for menu choices. Staff were friendly and made many helpful suggestions to make our selection easier. We had both crepe's and waffles along with speciality coffee's to round out our dining experience. Be prepared to wait a bit for your food as each item is made when you order it. Food preparation takes time and this is not the fault of the staff. Overall a pleasureable dining experience and we will be back in the future.

• Visited July 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Top notch”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I took the family hear on a recent trip over the July long weekend and found the food very good and well deserving of the ratings. I am not a big fan of crepe's so I had a smoked meat panini which was very tasty. My wife and daughter had the crepe and really loved them. My son had the waffle with bacon and said it was the best waffle he ever had. All in all a good choice and would go back on our next visit to Kingston

• Visited July 2013
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Crepes divine!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food and the chef were both outstanding! We went in for a snack and had a Nutella, banana, and strawberry crepe. After the huge crepe, we wished we would have eaten lunch or dinner there. We talked to the chef and will be having the seafood crepe next time we return.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Not Average, Not Very Good... Just... Good.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stopped by here on our way back to Toronto, hoping for a quick ~45 min sit down dinner around 6:40pm on a Tuesday night.

When we arrived, there was a table of 5 already seated and a table of two out on the patio. After we sat down, over the next half hour, a table of 3 and a table of 2 was seated. Overall, not a very busy dinner service.

There was one waitress, one head chef and one assistant cook. We ordered the specialty tuscan crepe and the gluten-free bombay crepe (chicken curry) with a side of roasted red pepper and tomato soup.

HURRAY FOR:
- the crepes were both very good, albeit the tuscan was a little on the salty side. I really enjoyed what they did with the bombay crepe w/ the dried fruits and overall, the crepe meal was very tasty. As per a savoury crepe type meal, they are not super filling, so beware if you are super hungry.

- the soup was a little weird... in that it tasted like sauce! I'm sure it was just personal preference.

UH OH...
- our soup came after 10-15 minutes of waiting... and then we waited... and waited some more. There was no one around to ask about our food unless we left our seats and went up to the cooking area to ask. In total, we waited for a total of 55 minutes for our two crepes. We were STARVING when our food finally came, but the head chef apologized when he gave us our food and explained that the bombay chicken had to be cooked from scratch as they had a really busy lunch service and that took 20 minutes.

When we finished and left, we pulled the head chef aside and explained to him that although the food was good, we were very disappointed with how long we had to wait for the food without a proper explanation. He apologized and explained again and offered a discount for our meal. We explained that it wasn't so much the discount we would have wanted; if we had known it would take that long, I would have changed my order. Overall, we understand the situation was out of the norm, and the head chef tried to do the best he could.

I guess that's why I'm still rating this a "Very Good". However, for good future business practices, although we appreciate the discount, what we would have MOST appreciated was being told that our food would take much longer due to unusual circumstances. If we were told right after we ordered, I would have changed my order and we would have been happy. OR, if we were told and I agreed to wait for the food, the restaurant wouldn't have had to offer a discount.

Overall... a bad situation turned decent. I wouldn't say AVERAGE, nor would I say VERY GOOD, but... a GOOD. I would go back.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A good Crepe but needs more staff and equipment”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have always wanted to try Geneva Crepe Cafe and this father's day seemed to be the day. The decor was nice, seating comfortable and very relaxing atmosphere even though the cafe was packed. While it was a bit confusing when walking in, we didn't know if we should have seated ourselves or waited. We opted to go to the counter and ask and were told where to sit.

What I did notice is that there was only 1 waitress and only 2 crepe machines.
As a family of four I was wondering how they were going to serve 4 crepes at once.
This didn't happen. My wife and eldest son were served their crepes first; my youngest and I served about 12 minutes later. My eldest plowed through his breakfast crepe in less than a couple of minutes and naturally, was still hungry. But, at $14CAD each, too expensive to fill him up. I ordered their specialty, a chicken curry crepe. I was sitting close enough to see my crepe being made and wondered if they heated the curry first... sadly, no. So while the outside of the crepe was warm, the filling was cold/lukewarm. Hot would have been preferred. Be sure to ask them to heat up the filling if you choose this crepe.

I have learned crepes, for my boys, are not meant for breakfast. Maybe a snack between breakfast and lunch? Family of four we spent $60+ (with tip). Maybe the wife and I alone might try it again. But not with two growing kids.

Short staffed on Father's Day. Wondering why a couple others walking the floor weren't taking orders or doling out coffee/ water refills. It took nearly 15 minutes for us to get drinks. I felt bad for the waitress, she was definitely hustling.
All in all, if you're into crepes and there are only two of you, go for it.

• Visited June 2013