“Tasty delites”

Royal Angkor
Ranked #49 of 435 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Cambodian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Royal Angkor! A hidden gem located in beautiful downtown Kingston. Family owned and operated since 2001, we proudly offer delicious and Thai & Cambodian cuisine. We have received nation wide attention and have been voted in the Top 500 BEST restaurants in the country by "Where to eat in Canada". So come on in and see what the whole country is raving about!
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Always tasty food at Royal Angkor! Freshly made and piping hot, and get there early because they can get busy at Lunchtime.

There are newer reviews for Royal Angkor

Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you like your curry hot, this is the place for you. Last night, my husband said, "I've been thinking about that place we had take-out from earlier this week," and I had to admit I had too! So we went back for the second time in a week - only this time we ate there.

I tried this place on the recommendation of a friend - she raved something called the Golden Chicken - but the waiter advised me to try the Chicken Panang which he said was less-hot. Well, if that's so, I can't imagine how hot the Golden Chicken must be, but boy, was it good. The servings are enormous - at the end of the meal, I had so much chicken left over that I ordered some rice to go and had another meal for lunch the next day - all this for $10 (none of this $10.99 business). Will be going back again.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was in Kingston or business and my business associate and I were looking for some place to go for dinner - not a chain restaurant please. There is limited seating and we got the last free table. They took our order - lots to choose from but not overwhelming. We ended up waiting quite a long time and the tea was not that hot when it arrived but other than that the food was great. I had an order of crispy sping rolls and something described as cambodian on the menu and was more than satisfied. By the time we left the place was almost empty, so we were able to talk to one of the owners. I will return. Would also consider take-out.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was so disappointed with this place! I had read such great things and really tried to like everything, but it was just downright bad! My friend and I ordered the fresh vegetable spring rolls to start. When the waiter brought them he said asked if we ordered the shrimp ones and when we said 'no', he said, 'okay, well I think these are the vegetable ones, just let me know'. The spring rolls were 95% vermicelli noodles, 5% brown iceberg lettuce, with oil to dip them in. Not impressed. Next we had the pad thai - the shrimp was bad (either old, or not cooked properly) and the sauce was bland. The bean sprouts on the side were brown. My only regret - besides eating here in the first place! - was that I didn't take pictures to prove how old and unappetizing the food was. I was sick the next day and had to miss classes - probably from the shrimp. This place is disgusting!

1  Thank lk_baylis87
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Don't be fooled by the unassuming exterior - the Royal Ankor is a gem. The interior decor is pleasant and the food outstanding. The beef with bamboo was a particular hit. Try the Cambodian stir fry if you like less heat. Service was pleasant and efficient. We were so impressed with our recent dinner that we returned for lunch the next day. A number of dishes and full meal soups were in the $10.00 range making it a very affordable choice. The Royal Ankor will definitely be on our list the next time we visit Kingston.