“Don't go!”

Royal Angkor
Ranked #51 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Thai, Cambodian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to the Royal Angkor! A hidden gem located in beautiful downtown Kingston. Family owned and operated since 2001, we proudly offer delicious and Thai & Cambodian cuisine. We have received nation wide attention and have been voted in the Top 500 BEST restaurants in the country by "Where to eat in Canada". So come on in and see what the whole country is raving about!
Montreal, Quebec
“Don't go!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was so disappointed with this place! I had read such great things and really tried to like everything, but it was just downright bad! My friend and I ordered the fresh vegetable spring rolls to start. When the waiter brought them he said asked if we ordered the shrimp ones and when we said 'no', he said, 'okay, well I think these are the vegetable ones, just let me know'. The spring rolls were 95% vermicelli noodles, 5% brown iceberg lettuce, with oil to dip them in. Not impressed. Next we had the pad thai - the shrimp was bad (either old, or not cooked properly) and the sauce was bland. The bean sprouts on the side were brown. My only regret - besides eating here in the first place! - was that I didn't take pictures to prove how old and unappetizing the food was. I was sick the next day and had to miss classes - probably from the shrimp. This place is disgusting!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank lk_baylis87

Halifax, Canada
“A Thai Treasure Near Queen's University”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Don't be fooled by the unassuming exterior - the Royal Ankor is a gem. The interior decor is pleasant and the food outstanding. The beef with bamboo was a particular hit. Try the Cambodian stir fry if you like less heat. Service was pleasant and efficient. We were so impressed with our recent dinner that we returned for lunch the next day. A number of dishes and full meal soups were in the $10.00 range making it a very affordable choice. The Royal Ankor will definitely be on our list the next time we visit Kingston.

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Love it!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had the Tom Yum soup with noodles and it tasted very good. The restaurant did not look nice on the outside; however, inside was surprising cute! It says it's a Cambodian and Thai restaurant but did not see much Cambodian dishes on the menu so I went for Thai food.

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“A hole in the wall with great eats!”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The decor is nothing to write home about and the service won't win any awards. But the food is amazing and the price is definitely right.Best Tom Yum soup I've ever had - anywhere - and that includes Thailand.

Visited September 2011
Kingston, Canada
“Wait times just too long.”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

ake-out customers get served first! After an hour of wait I asked how much longer....owner said in very angry voice " you like you come, you don't like you don't come" ....... Even though the food is good I am never going back. Simple explanation would have been enough if they were busy, but to be yelled at............no thanks.

2 Thank KimiRaikonen