“Worst service ever!!!”

Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, Thai
Neighborhood: Gardiners
Neighborhood: Gardiners
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Went in for lunch, sat down and ordered two waters. Waited more than five minutes while the only girl working sat on the phone on what sounded like a heated personal call, as we waited for our waters. As we were the ONLY customers in the restaurant, there was no reason why we had to wait. Not too mention, we didnt care to listen to her on the phone, had we ordered food. I wish I could comment on the quality of the food, but we got up and left. Definitely would not go back, or reccomend to anyone.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I wanted to love this place since the food of the Thai/Cambodia region has so much to offer. It is a small restaurant of 18 seats in a tiny suburban strip mall.
The menu has variety but some things are prepared as a routine and without too much care. Specialties may be great but we probably didn't order any of those so we had less than awesome results. Ingredients seem good, fresh vegetables, large, plumb shrimp, chicken the had flavour. But, big concern, sauces were so salty it was hard to finish anything and this masked any attempt to bring subtle or delicate eastern flavours to the meal.
The Pad Thai was dull and the sauce thick and too sweet. I've had better in several Kingston restaurants so that is a bad sign. The Golden Shrimp had a generous number of shrimp, decent vegetable choices and a sauce with great potential. However, the salt levels were too much and threw everything off balance.
We had started with spring rolls and these were ok but came much too quickly. They were either pre-cooked and sitting under lights or they were cooked and then quickly retried before service. Either way, not crisp or hot throughout so a disappointment.
People around us were loving what they were eating, half ordering without looking at the menu. Obviously the place appeals to some and I don't want to be overly critical when the service was pleasant and quick.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great food, Great service, Very reasonable price. A warm and friendly atmosphere. I wholeheartedly recommend this to everyone. It is a small restaurant but the food is exceptional. I loved the Majestic Chicken. It was a meal to die for.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have eaten there a few times. It is a very plain restaurant by decor, but the food is delicious. Everything is made fresh with little processing and reasonably priced. Friendly staff and clean. Will be back.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Absolutely the most delicious food if you love Thai. I recommend it all but I love the Steve 6.

1  Thank pipeline192