“clean basic and satisfactory” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilltop Motel

Hilltop Motel
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Montreal, Canada
“clean basic and satisfactory”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Every so often we need to spend a night in Kingston and we are working our way through the motels in this end of town. The room was small but very clean. The microwave and fridge worked. Everything is a little old but freshly painted. There is some noise from the road and the occaisonal train. There is a Tim Hortons opposite which we used for breakfast. I would recommend it for travellers on a budget who don't want or need any extras.

Room Tip: rooms on the east back on to brush and the back window can stay open
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GneissGirl
Rahim B, Manager at Hilltop Motel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am so pleased that you felt the service was great and the cleanliness excellent .We are always striving to improve our hospitality standards to serve you better so you always feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm regards,
Rahim Bhimji - Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brockport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stay here 2 weeks on business. The weekly rate is good. It not a really nice place but the rooms are clean and the walls are quite. In the 2 weeks I was there I had one time that I heard anything through the walls which was a shouting match between two people. Not the fault of the owners at all. It did seem as though there were a few long term residence there. The staff was friendly. I was able to find a two other places I liked better in the area but they are further out of Kingston.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I always stayed in a hotel (at least a 4-star) whenever we travel because I'm very particular when it comes to cleanliness and comfort. But when we arrived, I was delighted to find that it's very clean (the bathroom was nice and clean and not a trace of mold or grease marks you sometimes find even in hotels), very comfortable beds, furniture etc abeit the very dated design of bed comforter and curtains, but that's really not an issue at all! I find it liberating that we can park out car right outside the door, none of the hassle of having to valet park the car like in a hotel. The reception staff was also very friendly and helpful! All in all, I loved our stay at this motel and would come back anytime when we come back to Kingston!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sugarrabbit
Dear Sugarrabbit,

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for commenting on your stay. I am so happy to read your stay was above and beyond. I'm glad that you were able to experience our warm hospitality. We love to hear when guests leave happy and love it even better when they share their experience with others. Thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to have you back again!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We needed to find somewhere to stay and read the reviews. So we took a plunge with an older looking motel. Facilities are bare but really functional and were clean. In wall air conditioner was not as noisy as most others as well. There were quite a few guests and it wasn't the rowdy and walls were pretty insulated. We have also forgotten how convenient it is to park your car right in front of your room than to lug stuff from your car to the room in bigger establishments. Our beds were clean and comfortable though we would have preferred more "fitting" sheets that wouldn't come off at the sides as we turn in bed.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank thehappyface
Dear thehappyface,

Thank you for your recommendation of the Hilltop Motel. We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again soon. We are always striving to improve our hospitality standards to serve you better so you always feel at home.

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

First of all Id like to point out that im not usually a "motel" minded vacationer, but my mother Linda is so therefore she is the BOSS of me. LOL....It was a great choice though and I would now be open minded to Motels but whenever I stay in Kingston, the HILLTOP MOTEL will be my #1 choice. The two people running it, Jimmy and Brenda are just amazing people...so nice and professional, courteous and just got us everything we needed in a very timely manner....I mean within minutes...We met the owners son as well Ray and he was just as nice as his employees along with the cleaning lady who just made our room nice every day. We went without nothing here. The one on one interaction was what made this motel stand out. The front gardens were just set up so beautfully you knew it was going to be a well maintained place to stay. I already miss being there cause I miss my new found friends. Thanks for a great stay Jim, Brenda and Ray as its people like you guys that make it a home a way from home with your personal touches. Ill be back in June or July for sure so you better be waiting for Momma's, Shelley and Tracey....

Room Tip: I like staying at the back of the Motel near the lawn/tree area where the bbq is as it was away from...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rahim B, Manager at Hilltop Motel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Tracy,

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for commenting on your stay. I am so happy to read your stay was above and beyond. I'm glad that you were able to experience our warm hospitality and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks again for making this your home away from home! We look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have stayed at this property a number of times over the years. The new owners are making great strides in improving it. Real pillows, new bed linens, new batroom sinks, larger soaps, new flat screen TVs. They still provide microwave and refrigerator, but bring your own cups. My bed could have been more comfortable. Staff is friendly. Only regret is I didn't have time to try out the outdoor hammocks, picnic tables and grills. Maybe next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debra S
Rahim B, Manager at Hilltop Motel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Debra,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review of your stay! We love to hear when guests leave happy and love it even better when they share their experience with others. Thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to have you back again!

Pembroke, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hilltop Motel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Reasonably priced and conveniently located. We will definitely book here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer W
Rahim B, Manager at Hilltop Motel, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am so pleased that you felt the service was great and the staff was friendly and helpful. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Warm regards, Rahim Bhimji - Manager