“VERY KIND AND TASTEFUL INDIAN FOOD”
Review of Tandoori Sizzle

Tandoori Sizzle
Ranked #123 of 445 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Hillendale
Description: Tandoori Sizzle was born in 2010 from a passion for healthy indian food without compromising flavour or quality. Using only the freshest ingredients available, we strive to offer superior Indian food without using clarified butters or oils. The flavours and aromas at Tandoori Sizzle will please even the most discriminate of taste buds. Spice up your life at Tandoori Sizzle and taste what all the buzz is about! Fast Indian Takeout, Homemade Flavors at fast food prices
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Went there to have lunch with my whole family. ordered the combo very decent price.
the service was good and the lady was very kindful. She gave us good service helped us to know more about the indian food. very kind enough to give us water during the meal. I recommend people to have lunch here.

3  Thank Boss69

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!!!!! I am a fan of Indian cuisine and I must say that Tandoori Sizzle in Kingston Ontario is terrific. The food, prepared with Tender Loving Care, is delicious! Mama, the owner-chef, is a sweet and adorable lady and she makes all her customers feel like home. The menu varies from meat, chicken and vegetarian to vegan. The food is definitely the best in all of Kingston. Well stocked with fresh food. The Naan is always perfectly cooked and baked daily as well. Great variety of food. As for the price? You cannot ask for anything more. You can have a delicious meal all for 10$ The location is excellent (In the Kingston Centre). Overall, Mama works very hard and she is the sweetest lady. She has a big hart and she is VERY generous with her portions. Go on, try it, you will Not be disappointed... you Will LOVE IT!!!!!!!

3  Thank Lafleur2014
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stopped by here for lunch as it looked like a good place for a good priced quick lunch and I love Indian food. I ordered the beef vindaloo, and received a small take out container half filled with rice and just enough (and I mean JUST enough) sauce to season the rice by stirring it all together. There was 5 small cubes of beef and a few small pieces of potatoe. It tasted ok but seemed a bit pricey

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I do not write restaurant reviews—I figure you usually get what you pay for. I'm also pretty easy to please, and will settle for a full belly, even if the food doesn't blow me away. It's pretty unusual, then, for me to come out of a restaurant feeling angry and ripped off. I forked out quite a bit for a terrible lunch, and even if I get lucky and can hold this one down (my girlfriend has not been so fortunate this evening), there was so little food I left still feeling hungry. That's quite the trifecta.

Menu options looked promising, but the amazing-looking sekh kebab advertised on the flatscreen TV is no longer offered. I settled for tandoori chicken meal, while my girlfriend tried the lunch combo with butter chicken and chickpea curry. With a soda each, a samosa, and an aloo tikki patty, and tip (you have to pay up front) I shelled out $35—pretty steep for a lunch date, but I figured the leftovers would be worth it.

It took quite a while—about 10 minutes—for the food to be ready, and I thought it odd when I saw the man behind the counter bring out a knife and cutting board before preparing our trays. Even with that foreshadowing, I was baffled by what I was served—a sectioned metal tray half covered in rice with a smattering of tiny bits of sliced pink and grey chicken on top, a small portion of lettuce in one section of the tray with a drizzle of yoghurt and spices, two or three tablespoons of chickpea curry drizzled over the aloo tikki in another, and the final slot empty. My girlfriend didn't fare much better—her butter chicken was cut up into tiny pieces, along with a few tablespoons of sauce, while she also got two wedges of sliced naan.

Ok, so judging by the portion sizes, there weren't going to be any leftovers. Maybe that would have been ok if the food were anything other than marginally edible. First off, the rice was cold—cold enough that it chilled any of the chicken and sauce it came in contact with to the point of being lukewarm at best. The tandoori chicken was unlike anything I've ever seen—perhaps it was deboned and cut into cat food-sized chunks out of politeness or some terrible misapprehension of what Canadian consumers of Indian food want. The dozen or so thumbnail-sized pieces of chicken were soggy from marinating in a vinegary sauce—overall it was reminiscent of microwaved leftovers, and did anything but sizzle. The same chicken was thrown in with the butter chicken sauce, the flavour of which was difficult to make out given the tepidness of the dish.

For what was there, the chickpeas and samosa were alright, while the lettuce at least hadn't yet turned brown. The aloo tikki was good in some mouthfuls, crispy critters in others, and cost $3 for a single piece a little bigger in diameter than a toonie.

We finished our plates in a rather shocked silence, left still feeling hungry, and learned from a few reviews that we read afterwards that we could look forward to all kinds of digestive unpleasantness for the hours to come. That all said, do yourselves a favour, save yourselves some money, and stay as far away from this place as you possibly can.

6  Thank Grumpyguts13
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We visited at lunch time and the place was dead. We, my husband and I, each got a combo meal so we could sample a variety of things.

The butter chicken was good but they put it on rice after I asked for no rice. The naan was reheated not made fresh as they said it was.
The shahi paneer was not what I have come to expect. They charged me for a large lentil soup when I asked for a small one and charged me for two samosa but only gave one. It was very expensive for what we got quality and quantity wise.

If I lived in Kingston I would avoid this place in the future.