“The go-to spot for Greek food in Kingston”

The Greek Islands Mediterranean Grill and Bar
Ranked #37 of 428 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Hillendale
Kingston, Canada
“The go-to spot for Greek food in Kingston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Greek Islands restaurant in our home town, Kingston Ontario, is our go-to spot when we want to have a great meal in a relaxed, pleasant atmosphere. We keep coming back to this restaurant when we are taking friends or family out to dinner. I don't know anyone who has ever had a bad meal here. The lamb shanks are to die for! Both traditional authentic Greek food (e.g. Moussaka, souvlaki, tzatziki, baklava) and North American food (e.g. salmon, stir fry, garlic shrimp) are served and it is always easy to find something enjoyable. I have a gluten allergy, but found plenty of options to choose from. The service is exceptional...the owner personally greets everyone who arrives and remembers you from previous visits! The staff are pleasant and happy. I wanted to show my grandson the "OPA" saganaki (flaming cheese). They did the demo at the table right in front of him while we all shouted OPA...it was a lot of fun. Highly recommend this place if you like Greek food.

• Visited June 2014

Kingston, Canada
“Best Greek food in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

It's the kind of food that makes you swoon. It is genuinely the best food in Kingston. The tzatziki is a gorgeous blend and MUST be tried.

When my wife and I first came to Kingston for school, we had a hard time settling in. Where do you go to eat in a new town? We felt so displaced until my academic supervisor brought me here for a meeting. Since then, I've taken my wife, our family, and our extended family here. Everyone agrees that the meals are fantastic!

I told the manager that this place helped to make Kingston our home. I was getting a little emotional, but maybe it was the smell of tzatziki. Either way, I am happy to have this gem in the cuisine-desert we call Kingston.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank JWHM2014
Napanee, Canada
“We keep coming back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We love the ambiance! The food is always fresh and delicious. The owners and staff are welcoming and friendly. The service is excellent. We always have Baklava for desert, is the best we have ever tasted. If we don't have room to eat it in the restaurant we take it with us. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited May 2014
Kingston,Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“CYPRUS FOOD SERVED ON YOUR PLATE IN KINGSTON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a regular restaurant for my wife and I and our friends. If you like liver&onions, the best is here, and if you enjoy escargot served in mushroom caps, this is it. There are so many fine Greek dishes, we have never tried them all, but the ones we have have been excellent. very clean, great food, moderate pricing, the owners greet you at the door, and great atmosphere, a definite source for Greek cuisine in Kingston, Ontario

• Visited April 2014
McDonalds Corners, ON
“I love this restaurant. Always pleases.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My latest experience at Greek Islands was excellent as always. I absolutely love the lamb shank served here. Just writing this review has my mouth watering. The staff and service is professional and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant for family or a romantic dinner for a couple. Quality food served with pride.

• Visited April 2014