“A little Cyprus in our back yard”

The Greek Islands Mediterranean Grill and Bar
Ranked #26 of 450 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hillendale
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Outstanding food , service and atmosphere. The Greek islands staff tend to your every need. Highly recommend to anyone who wants a great culinary experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've ate here at least 50 times. I've never had anything I didn't like.
I always have dolmadakia, avgolemono soup, and either ribs or lamb chops.
I've had the meat platter and it was excellent as well.
I'll be back

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Sunday afternoon, January 19th at about 3:45 pm, my husband and I stopped into this
restaurant to order some takeout food. We had some questions about the
portion sizes and different items on the menu.

The girl on the cash taking our order was extremely curt to the point of
being rude. Our questions were answered with sharp retorts that made us
feel like we were bothering her. Her attitude caused us to leave quickly
without ordering any food.

We were the only ones in the restaurant, so it wasn't a question of her
not having the time to treat us with a little respect. We have frequented
this restaurant many times and enjoyed the food and the friendly
atmosphere. Unfortunately, this recent encounter has left us with a
negative impression of the quality of service and the staff training.

The blonde haired girl at the counter needs to take some lessons in
customer service before she drives more diners out the door. I tried to contact the restaurant by email, but the address given on their website is incorrect.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We made reservations for The Greek Islands for dinner on New Years Eve......no problem. We were seated at a roomy table and the management had ample staff to service the holiday diners that streamed into the restaurant. Our particular server was young, but very experienced and friendly and attentive.

For dinner, we had the Greek Specialty cheese: Saganaki (flaming cheese) which was absolutely the best. The greek salad was a good size and very crisp and fresh. For entrees, I had the traditional pork souvlaki while my wife had the mousaka in a clay pot and two lamb chops. The meals were authentic and delicious.

We had been here before, so no surprises and I found the meals appeared to be expensive, but considering the quality and quantity, the dinner was very reasonable.

I have rated The Greek Islands with 5 points and I'd gladly award them 10 if I could

Reviewed December 8, 2013

It was our first time here all we can say is Great food and excellent service will be going again.

Graeme and Tarnia