“Huge portions & Great Food”

The Greek Islands Mediterranean Grill and Bar
Ranked #26 of 449 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hillendale
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I ordered the Kefte Dakia. I had never had it before and just wanted to explore different foods. It was very good. I might try something different next time, but that is just personal taste. The portion was if anything overly generous. My wife ordered just a Chicken`Gyro as she was't hungry, but when she saw mine she helped herself. I was left with still more than I could eat. The restaurant is quite tasteful as well, quite enjoyable. Definitely will have to return to sample more of their dishes.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We got there late on a weeknight- in fact we were the only customers there- after a long travel day. The service was prompt and friendly, the place was immaculate and the food was terrific. I had spanakopita and Avglomeno and both were great. The family also had trilopita (sp?), greek meatballs, and seafood fettucini Alfredo. For desert, the truffle cake was spectacular. I recommend this place to anyone who likes greek food and would happily eat there again if our travels wend this way in the future.

1  Thank pattynjay
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went for a sit-down evening meal at the Greek Islands just across the road from our house! It's the only decent resto in our immediate (500 yard) neighbourhood and we were prepared for a nice, well-served evening meal. It was terrific. The waitress was a young woman with a well-trained demeanour and a real head on her shoulders - she had efficiency and charm on her side.
We ordered taramasalata and pita bits - excellent, if a little too salty, but scrumptious! Then we had a couple of Greek salads ( basically a wee green salad with a few olives and already lightly dressed with oil& vinegar - I'm sure we could have asked for lemon instead of vinegar but I liked the dressing - no garlic which was a drawback since we love garlic... then we rested with a glass of white house wine - very crisp and fruity. I had sauteed oktopodi - which came with red peppers and onions in a delicate sauce of olive oil and garlic. My wife had the Vegetarian Moussaka - both dishes were fabulous! The Moussaka was creamy but not cloying! I must have dipped into her bowl about five times it was so good. The octopus was tender and just enough to satisfy me... the red peppers were soft and tasty....

Then, we sat back and leisurely ordered a couple of smoothies - mango for me and chocolate for her - Then we went mad and ordered the cake tray - the cake was a chocolate dream thing that was made by the Cake Gods - the whole bill came to $80 and we tipped the smart waitress $10 because she was so attentive and then discreet - I hate hovering, over-chatty servers - especially as my wife and I are having a quiet tete-a-tete in the evening... We'll go back again - just as soon as we have another $100 bucks to pay out for a special meal.... I took note that they do Kleftiko also! I love lamb hock!! Ghiasas!! Opa!!

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I like Greek restaurants, although I've never been to Greece, my wife has. This is the best Greek restaurant I've eaten at, and my wife says its the most authentic she has found. We were here for lunch, and it was excellent. Service was great too. No complaints.

1  Thank Randy M
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Greek Islands is absolutely one of the cornerstone markers you should attend if you visit Kingston. Take a short drive from the downtown to a quieter part of the city and you will enjoy every moment. A fantastic presentation of food openly viewed with professional chefs hard at work wrapped beautifully with an unforgettable ambiance of Greek harmony. The menu is highly delectable even in requirement to gluten free persons. This is a restaurant for exquisite quality and high end fine dining at moderate pricing. Your requests will be met with knowledgeable staff readily available giving you low wait times.

G.Spaull - "as a traveler I'll never forget..."

2  Thank Graham S