“Great food great service”

The Greek Islands Mediterranean Grill and Bar
Ranked #39 of 443 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hillendale
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had Sophia as our server. She did a great job with friendly service, great recommendations from the menu and the drinks from the bar actually tasted like there was booze in them. Our 3 course meal was well spaced out between courses and felt like we weren't rushed nor the meal dragged out

1  Thank Krazykl

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Returned again to this restaurant for a family dinner, this time with a 5 year old grandson .... they provided crayons & colouring book ... how thoughtful and appreciated !

Meal was delicious, staff was attentive ... and serivce was great.

Great value for the meal provided ... 5 adults, 1 child > $160 for meals, desert and couple beers, couple glasses of wine.

A favorite place to eat when we visit Kingston.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Kingston has a ton of Greek restaurants ranging from mediocre to excellent. This one excels for its decor and friendly service, but a better Greek meal can be had elsewhere (e.g., downtown at Greco's).
Its suburban location doubtless attracts patrons in search of easy parking, large portions, and reasonable prices. Greek Isles delivers in these respects and with its attractive ambiance (typically Mediterranean with white pillars, statuary, a fountain, etc.).
The menu is extensive, probably too extensive to expect the kitchen to deliver right across the board. The Greek salad for a starter is excellent, as was the baklava for dessert. The pork souvlaki was very good though the pieces of meat were small. But the roast potatoes and mixed vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, beans) were soft and overcooked, almost mushy.
In all a comfortable place for a meal and the surroundings, but you can get better Greek food elsewhere in town.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm a little late writing my review of The Greek Islands but I must say...when we dined there (on the suggestion of my Greek friend) our large group had a FANTASTIC meal...a fabulous evening. EVERYTHING was outstanding. It was beyond memorable & I am SO looking forward to coming back!

3  Thank LBtravelandfood
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It's been a few years since I've been to the Greek islands. The inside decor is beautiful. The murals are gorgeous . I find it is cold in the winter if you sit up front. The service is very good. No complaints . They are very friendly. The problem I have is with the food. The only thing I liked about my meal was the Greek salad wish I would have ordered an extra large. Everything else was just to fast foodie to me not prepared fresh It must have been pre made frozen even. The saganakki was horrible totally processed. For the price you pay I was disappointed.