“Ambiance and service better than the food”

The Greek Islands Mediterranean Grill and Bar
Ranked #39 of 430 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hillendale
Ontario
“Ambiance and service better than the food”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Kingston has a ton of Greek restaurants ranging from mediocre to excellent. This one excels for its decor and friendly service, but a better Greek meal can be had elsewhere (e.g., downtown at Greco's).
Its suburban location doubtless attracts patrons in search of easy parking, large portions, and reasonable prices. Greek Isles delivers in these respects and with its attractive ambiance (typically Mediterranean with white pillars, statuary, a fountain, etc.).
The menu is extensive, probably too extensive to expect the kitchen to deliver right across the board. The Greek salad for a starter is excellent, as was the baklava for dessert. The pork souvlaki was very good though the pieces of meat were small. But the roast potatoes and mixed vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, beans) were soft and overcooked, almost mushy.
In all a comfortable place for a meal and the surroundings, but you can get better Greek food elsewhere in town.

• Visited March 2013

Ontario, Canada
“outstanding”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm a little late writing my review of The Greek Islands but I must say...when we dined there (on the suggestion of my Greek friend) our large group had a FANTASTIC meal...a fabulous evening. EVERYTHING was outstanding. It was beyond memorable & I am SO looking forward to coming back!

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank lb64
Napanee, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It's been a few years since I've been to the Greek islands. The inside decor is beautiful. The murals are gorgeous . I find it is cold in the winter if you sit up front. The service is very good. No complaints . They are very friendly. The problem I have is with the food. The only thing I liked about my meal was the Greek salad wish I would have ordered an extra large. Everything else was just to fast foodie to me not prepared fresh It must have been pre made frozen even. The saganakki was horrible totally processed. For the price you pay I was disappointed.

Napanee, Canada
“excellent”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

It was a great experience! The staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable . I can't say enough about the flavor and the quality of the food. The owner, a very friendly man even took time to speak to us and gave us some insight on how they prepare a superb meal. Its so nice to go to a family owned restaurant and to receive a high level experience. We are definitely going to return to restaurants. Thanks so much !

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
“Consistently > good food, great value, great staff !”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Every few months for the past seven years we have visited Kingston and usually have a meal here. We have not been disappointed yet. Best way to describe our experience here is as I ststed in the title > Consistently good food, geat value, great staff !