“Excellent on all levels!”

The Greek Islands Mediterranean Grill and Bar
Ranked #39 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hillendale
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent on all levels!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My daughter took me out for my birthday dinner and I was so impressed with everything at this restaurant. The beautiful decor and the authentic music will transport you to Greece as soon as you walk through the doors. Then you will start to smell the aroma of the food being prepared.... HEAVEN!! The young lady who served us was very attentive and polite. When our food arrived it was hot and delicious and plentiful. We actually took half of our meal home. I loved this place and will always return when I am in Kingston. A+++++

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Cheryl K

Kingston, Canada
“As Always Loved the Food, Atmosphere and Service”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I took a friend celebrating her 50th birthday out for supper. I had my favorite the Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken (with feta and spinach). I say I'm going to get something different every time I go but it's my favorite. It's a whole meal with choice of salad or soup, bread and your entree. I always have enough for two meals...Service and atmosphere are great...I've been there several times and will be back again and again@

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank alwaysdreamin1965
Toronto, Canada
“4 stars mostly for atmosphere”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Large, hand painted murals of 3 distinct locals in Greece along with other decor details make this restaurant a delight to eat at.
Be aware that the crab in the seafood salad is the fake processed kind. I feel like I paid $18 for a Villiage Salad with 3 shrimp. We complained to the waitress, who told the owner/mgr, who came to our table. We had a nice conversation with her, Roula, but later noted that we weren't offered any compensation for the dissatisfaction. Mind you, I ate it all. Then again we ordered alcohol and a lot of food. So, I'm tossed about how much to hold it against them that they didn't offer us something to show regret.
Bottom line, would I eat there again? I probably would, I just wouldn't order so much food because I didn't feel like I got great value. There was no lemon potatoes and the portion sizes were smaller than we're used to in Toronto.
Easy to find restaurant on a main street near downtown. Lots of parking.

Visited October 2012
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Great Atmosphere and Great Food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Friendly and welcoming staff and plenty of good food. One you enter from the simple storefront, there is as surprising atmosphere that takes you to a new destination.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Equitem
Kingston, Canada
“Expected better”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Disappointed. Food was just barely mediocre. We had a toasted hot dog bun as far as we could tell for the bread serving. We have tried twice. Service was fine. Decor was wonderful - we had great expectations but they need a Chef.

• Visited May 2012