“Great Value for Your Dollar”

Travelodge Kingston LaSalle Hotel
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Spent 2 nights here February, had a great stay, rooms were very clean, staff all very friendly and helpful, restaurant on the property offers excellent meals (very generous portions) good price point. We were 5 people in one room with 2 queen beds and a folding cot, we had lots of room still in our suite, never felt crowded. Front desk gave us extra towels etc without hassle. Very professional staff through out our stay. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure, the room rates were more than reasonable and lots of parking available, pool was very clean as was hot tub and sauna.

Room Tip: Dont hesistate to book a room here, excellent rates, clean rooms and great restaurant on main floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 30, 2013

For basic good, fresh food at a reasonable price this restaurant is hard to beat. The Dining room is divided into two sections...A dining Room and a Cafe sectiion...Same menu. The main difference is the tablecloths in the Dining Room.
The eggs benedict are the probably the best I have ever had, particularily with Canadian bacon.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We use travelodge regularly when traveling long distance just for a one night stopover to break up the journey. Their rooms are usually basic but clean, rates are reasonable, some have better services and amenities than others. This travelodge in Kingston has one of the better rooms. It is just an incidence with the manager that I feel was an example of poor customer service.

The reservation was very easy. The lady whom I correspond with was polite and helpful. She accepted our booking without credit card details as we are from overseas it was not easy to call with the great time difference to give credit card details. I was unwilling to give the details by e mail due to a recent credit card fraud resulting in an immediate replacement of a new card.

The check in was hassle free. The gentleman was polite and helpful. He took the credit card details etc. Two hours later I received a SMS alert about a transaction on my credit card for CAD 200 by this travelodge. Because the rate of the room was supposed to be much less than that I was concerned, also because of previous fraud with the credit card. I went to the reception to enquire just to neon the safe side really, I did not mean to contest it or anything like that. There was a different guy there, he was with another customer, he was rude even to the other customer. When it was my turn, I politely raised the issue. He very rudely informed me it was standard procedure as I may steal things from the room and drive off without checking out with things in the room etc. I was quite taken a back and said that I did not know it was standard procedure as it was the first time I encountered it. I just came from Montreal and stayed three nights in westin and paid on checking out.....I thought they already has my credit card details, was it still necessary to actually charged for 200 first? He just walked straight in the room and left me me outside after saying that I already pre authorized the transaction so there is nothing I can do about it?

Wow that is customer service for you!!

in was fast, it was a prepaid rate

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank anaest
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for our wedding, we wanted a nice hotel but didn't need amenities such as a jacuzzi so the hotel seemed perfect and the price was great. The hotel as had a very nice pool which is great if are bringing the kids.

My only complaint was the unusual layout of the room, the main door opens into the bathroom which seemed very odd, but it obviously didn't bother us.

Bottom line, there are a lot of ratty hotels in Kingston, this is NOT one of them... would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, and we found 3 different kinds of bugs and insects. It was terrifying. We let the front desk know and all they could offer was to move us to another room. What is the point, if it was int he same building anyway. We went to the pool. The surface of the bottom of the pool was so old that it started peeling. I did not dare to swim there, afraid that it might cause my skin irritation. Be careful if you think of staying here, especially overnight.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracy N
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed here on our way up to Montreal and found it clean and tidy. Room was a good size, and well located for travelers. If you're staying in Kingston for a few days you may wish to stay closer to the water, but for passing through this location was great, as it was easy to hop on/off main highway, and only a short drive into town to sightsee for the morning.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I spent about 15 nights in Aug/Sep 12 at this property. Although the front desk staff are quite pleasant the housekeeping really makes this place a challenging property. I stayed in first floor of tower, supposedly much nicer than the old motel style rooms behind. I encountered, ant biting my feet while sitting on the couch, broken glass on patio and dirty towels from the previous guest hanging on the shower rod. Not only were the towels there when I arrived, they were still there after spending 3 nights. Walls were dirty and soiled. The restaurant is very popular with the grey set but quite frankly nothing appealing to make me go back. Sorry big FAIL on this property. Each time I encounter a problem I notified the front desk and often they would try to rectify however is really is an overall management problem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business