“Average stay but probably good for Kingston”

Confederation Place Hotel
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is dated but looking around Kingston, it's probably not a bad option - there's no big modern hotel that I could see? Rooms were large and clean enough but it's age showed in a few places like slightly moldy bathroom tiles, splits in the wallpaper and old carpet. The hotel feels more like a motel than a real hotel. There is WI-FI which had decent speed.

There is an included continental breakfast which has a decent variety. There are a few decent spots not far from the hotel for breakfast which I would personally prefer. The location of the hotel is fantastic, close to everything Kingston has to offer - from the waterfront, to City Hall. Princess Street and ferry terminals.

Room Tip: ask for a room with water views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here from Aug 26th to Sept 4th to celebrate my birthday and 1 year retirement, I was there for the first two nights and my wife stayed for the rest of the time, I ended up in Kingston General Hospital with a Heart attack on my birthday and a emergency bypass operation the next day, the room we first had was a tired worn out pool side room we had stayed there years ago and don't remember it this tired looking, the location of the hotel is great even though Ontario St. seems to be dieing, it is unfortunate that the stress my wife had to go through that the day manager would bicker on the costs as the shuffled her from room to room, the staff was fantastic all around (manager not included)even getting a get well card from one of them, will we stay there again probably

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Confederation Place Hotel is in the most central location, overlooking the harbour, right in the city central district and across from the ferries.
The hotel has been renovated and the rooms are comfortable. Our room overlooked the harbour and had wonderful view and was quiet.
Some friends staying there too, had a problem with their toilet but not serious. We had a problem with a buzzing table lamp but I fixed it by swopping the bulb with another lamp.
Breakfast was OK

Room Tip: Ask for the lake view
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I booked this hotel as the first stop for a road trip to PEI. A big deal breaker on a hotel for me is cleanliness, and this hotel didn't measure up. There was dried blood on my clean towel, the room was small and dingy, the tiles in the washroom were all cracked, the tub was plugged, the bedding was old and scratchy and the list goes on. Parking there is also a problem. The underground lot might have 15 spots and was full (not surprisingly) so you have to use street parking.

The good things about this hotel are the location, which is right on the water and right downtown and the kind front desk staff.

I'm sorry to say though, I wouldn't stay here again. I was expecting a bit more for what I paid.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We are a group of 5 girls that have been attending the Kingston Blues Festival for 12 years. For 10 of these years we have stayed at the Confederation Hotel. What makes this hotel special is how the team takes care of us! Scott, Dave, housekeeping, restaurant team - thank you again!
The location is excellent and we enjoy seeing the great staff every year. We also enjoy seeing the "friends" that also return every year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to stay right downtown for the Limestone City Blues Festival. For this reason we were willing to pay the price.

The staff were very polite and the room was clean. Parking cost an extra $20 per night and space is limited. There are no pictures on the walls, and the wallpaper buckled in some places. The bed was hard and the duvet cover very slippery so it was hard to keep on the bed.

I definitely would not pay the price except for the location.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 24, 2013

we stayed at the confederation place for 4 nights I booked online and was surprised to find a $20.00 admin fee for booking they do not tell you that there is a free breakfast nor that there is a $20.00 per night for parking the underground parking is limited and very narrow lanes forturning around I managed to park in the lower level and did not use the car until Thursday we came back around 8 pm and there was no room for parking I had to use the public parking across tor street at $5.00 from 7 pm to 7 am at 7am you had to put more money in the machine at $1.50 per 1/2 hour I put $12.00 in for 4 hours I even saved myself $3.00 the hotel did not charge me for that night. we had room with 2 double beds fridge and 4 piece bathroom the room was very comfortable we were on the lower level with a walk out to a patio with 2 chairs with the swimming pool just 20 feet away there was also a hot tub and exercise machine next door breakfast was from 7am to 10 am going clockwise there was the coffee and tea jugs 3 cereal containers 2 4 slice toasters very slow bread tray white and whole wheat a muffin tray 2 varieties a bowl with boiled eggs apple and orange juice there could have been a better selection on the muffin and egg side the staff were very friendly and helpful if you plan on visiting Kingston Ontario be sure to ask about parking and booking fee I had a discount rate being a member of the c,a,a, overall it is an average hotel next time I would look for something better