“Say "Hi" to Delaney” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Windsor, Canada
“Say "Hi" to Delaney”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family of 5 stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. This was the only hotel that had 3 double beds in a single room. Yes, the hallway carpets are in need of replacement as they are badly stained. The lobby seemed nice and updated. The room was ok, beds were comfortable. Location is excellent. Continental breakfast was very basic, but did the job. Parking in Kingston is crazy. I asked the front desk clerk, Delaney for suggestions. She was very informative and offered ideas & options of nearby lots. During our stay, I mentioned to her that we were considering the 1000 island discovery cruise. She quickly found some coupons for us, which saved us some money. The hotel is average, but the staff (especially Delaney) was excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank picky006_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last night. The location is excellent. The hotel lobby was dark and smelled musky. The staff advised us that the parking garage was full, so we were on our own to find parking. The elevators were dark and shaky. The hallway on the 4th floor was dark and smelled musky, ceiling tiles were stained yellow from water leaks, the carpets were heavily stained. Our room was clean, but the wallpaper was peeling off the wall and the furniture was dated. We saw no evidence of recent renovations. The hotel is old, run down, and poorly managed. Way over-priced, we would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was at this hotel for one night as I was attending an event in Kingston. The staff were nice but the whole place needs a major face lift. The room was quite dated except for the flat screen television. My room was all brown from the bedspread to the walls. The only thing it had going for it was that it faced the water. The view was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank luv2travel155019
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I've never seen such an awful, condescending, rude hotel staff in all my life. Awful people. This whole place is grim from top to bottom. They boast that it was "renovated in 2010" but that certainly does not include the rooms, the elevator, the hall, the lobby or the "restaurant", so file that under false advertising. In fact, the only thing new about this place was the wallpaper they used to cover up the holes in the wall beside the bed.
Avoid at all costs. the Radisson, Four Points and Holiday inn are all within walking distance and even on their darkest day cannot be worse than this.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here try to get a water view. Only redeeming quality.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PFGuay
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I checked in for one night in order to attend an event. I booked one month in advance. The hotel stay was not memorable mainly because it had a room cleanliness problem.

Pros:
- Front desk staff very easy to work with and were pleasant. My booking from hotels.com for 2 double beds was not received properly. To make up for it I was given a larger room with 3 double beds.
- Location is very good!
- Lots of seating available for continental breakfast.

Cons:
- Continental breakfast seemed lacking in its offering and presentation
- Parking is an extra charge of $22.60 tax included.
- Garage requires careful navigation. 180 turns are impossible unless there's a vacant spot. Be ready to use reverse to start all over if the floor picked has no free spots to park.
- Door to room 318 had a clear gap at bottom leading into the hallway. This is both a fire hazard and an invitation for insects to enter. I found one in the bathroom.
- Air conditioning was extremely old and noisy and did not do a good job of cooling the room equally. Having that gap in the door may have been a factor
- Comforter on one of the beds had some bright red stains, I'll assume ketchup. This is an obvious room keeping problem.
- Toilet bowl seat had "brown" luggage. It was also stained at the bottom in the "flush hole", probably time to replace.
- Coffee maker was old and had a very dirty plastic filter holder, coffee stain build-up.
- Television had very poor picture quality, it was snowing in summer!
- No ice bucket in room.

Room Tip: Avoid room 318. Arrive early to inspect room and request another if not properly cleaned.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kingston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

They didn't clean our room so that meant no clean towels, no bed made, garbage not taken out of room etc. when I told the lady at checkout she didn't seem to care. She gave us some rehearsed snarky line to get rid of us. The pillows were dollar store, no fridge in room, If you wanted ice you had to go a few floors down, the air conditioner was so loud..must be original. The place is thirty years behind, they need to update the hotel. Dark and dingy and way too expensive. On the positive note, it is close to water. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Brockville, Canada.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a month during June/July 2012 and found it to be a very pleasant and comfortable experience. The staff were the nicest I have come across in any hotel. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and always had a smile for me whenever I walked by. Check-in was very smooth and fast.

I had requested a smoking room, and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was facing the harbour where I could watch the tall ships and tour boats, sit outside on the patio with my coffee and enjoy the weather. There were two double beds in the room, the air conditioning worked very well, a 37" flat screen tv, desk for my laptop etc. The wifi would not work in this room but they supplied a network cable instead and the speed was decent. The maid was very pleasant and efficient.

The continental breakfast was very basic, but I did bring some food with me and there was a fridge and microwave in the room. There was no shortage of good restaurants within walking distance as well as great little stores and outdoor patio cafes.

The pool was very pleasant and surrounded by hedges for privacy. I did not use the gym but it had a couple of treadmills, bike and stepper and a hot tub. The maintenance man was excellent, always working away keeping the pool and hot tub etc. in order. I did have a small problem with my door and he was there within minutes. The staff here go above and beyond to help the guests, and for that reason I will be recommending Confederation Place to all my friends.

I was there for health reasons, and they honestly treated me so kindly, they made me feel special but on talking with other guests they said the same thing. I think this is so important, treat the guest well and he will return and bring others the next time.

Generally, the place was very clean, quiet, and a fantastic location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo