“Last chance hotel.”

Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Kingston
“Last chance hotel.”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

They didn't clean our room so that meant no clean towels, no bed made, garbage not taken out of room etc. when I told the lady at checkout she didn't seem to care. She gave us some rehearsed snarky line to get rid of us. The pillows were dollar store, no fridge in room, If you wanted ice you had to go a few floors down, the air conditioner was so loud..must be original. The place is thirty years behind, they need to update the hotel. Dark and dingy and way too expensive. On the positive note, it is close to water. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Brockville, Canada.
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a month during June/July 2012 and found it to be a very pleasant and comfortable experience. The staff were the nicest I have come across in any hotel. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and always had a smile for me whenever I walked by. Check-in was very smooth and fast.

I had requested a smoking room, and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was facing the harbour where I could watch the tall ships and tour boats, sit outside on the patio with my coffee and enjoy the weather. There were two double beds in the room, the air conditioning worked very well, a 37" flat screen tv, desk for my laptop etc. The wifi would not work in this room but they supplied a network cable instead and the speed was decent. The maid was very pleasant and efficient.

The continental breakfast was very basic, but I did bring some food with me and there was a fridge and microwave in the room. There was no shortage of good restaurants within walking distance as well as great little stores and outdoor patio cafes.

The pool was very pleasant and surrounded by hedges for privacy. I did not use the gym but it had a couple of treadmills, bike and stepper and a hot tub. The maintenance man was excellent, always working away keeping the pool and hot tub etc. in order. I did have a small problem with my door and he was there within minutes. The staff here go above and beyond to help the guests, and for that reason I will be recommending Confederation Place to all my friends.

I was there for health reasons, and they honestly treated me so kindly, they made me feel special but on talking with other guests they said the same thing. I think this is so important, treat the guest well and he will return and bring others the next time.

Generally, the place was very clean, quiet, and a fantastic location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at the hotel recently and it was in a great location. The a/c didn't freeze us out, it kept the room at a good temp. There was plenty of hot water, and the pressure was good. Towels were on the rough side, but most hotel towels seem to be that texture. Location is excellent for any downtown touring.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Right by main harbour in Kingston Ontario. Rooms clean. Hallways very hot, elevators hotter. Continental breakfast minimal. Toast, some fruit slices, big bowl of yogurt, juice, cereal, coffee. No whole fruit, indication of fat content in yogurt, waffles. Check-in staff helpful and quick to rectify mistakes; wrote wrong date on breakfast coupons, not enough coupons and room pass only coded for one night, so had to go back to desk to get recoded. Water was off briefly, no sign the fire department was notified.

Room Tip: Harbour view, avoid first two floors or you'll have view of trees.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Romsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Room good size, beds comfortable, breakfast excellent, staff very welcoming. Main downside is the noise outside the window of air-conditioning generator, it clanked all night!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Kayleigh123
Maryland
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel was the view from the room.
The hotel looks, feels, "smells" old. The service was poor. The "very continental" breakfast was very meager, considering the price that they charge for the room.
A poor value for the money. I will never stay there again, and I suggest that you might want to avoid it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and I was not sure what to expect especially since I was a lone traveller and am skeptical about hotels in general. But this place provided everything I needed.

The staff were amazingly friendly and informed.
The breakfast was simple yet delicious - muffins were very tasty, tasted like they were homemade, the milk and juices were cold and staff kept everything clean and refilled.
I had a two queen bed room with a city view and enjoyed it very much. A bit outdated, but the beds weren't. They were very comfortable, clean and the room overall did not have any smell. It had a microwave, a mini-fridge and was very spacious!
The washroom- - simple yet served it's purpose - I would suggest they just replace the shower head.
The room was nice and cool when I got in and the view I had of some of Kingston City Hall and the street was just to my liking as I like the city atmosphere.
The wireless internet worked - the elevators worked - the cleaning staff made the beds and exchanged the towels everyday.

I would suggest this hotel for anyone who is looking to just relax and sleep in their room and who enjoy the simplicity of things and who would want a nice complimentary breakfast. I had checked out other hotels and they were double the price with no complimentary breakfast and the same views - This hotel is definiately worth the stay!

The location was just amazing - it is between Brock Street and Princess Street - the two main downtown streets in Kingston and in walking distance of the pier and every thing possible!

I would stay at this hotel again especially as a young lone traveller! No complaints here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo