“great value, great stay. great location.”

Confederation Place Hotel
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed August 5, 2011

for the $$, this is a great value. we were able to get a room with three double beds for our family of five. staff was very friendly and helpful. breakfast was great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Confederation Place Hotel

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed 4 nights on a motorcycle trip. Lovely room overlooking the water, very clean. All the staff at this hotel were the most courteous, friendliest people I have ever encountered in a hotel. I highly recommend this hotel in Kingston. It is right downtown close to great restaurants and attractions. It is also close to Taste Trail and Arts Trail if you are so inclined. I WILL be staying again on my next trip that way.

1  Thank canadaharley
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Clean Hotel but the front desk employees are not helpful , augmentative and unprofessional .I called today August 1, 2011 to inquire about my deposit $50 because they told within two days it will be paid back.The front desk femael morning shift was extremely rude with me .
she stated bluntly just out of the blue that she is not talking to me nicely because the way I am talking to her .When I asked her to confirm this statement she said that if you want to complain you can talk to my supervisor and she transferred me to him and the line cut off.
She did not provide any help and got into arguments with me .

The hotel is expensive and not worth it in comparing the facility provided as next to zero . Unfriendly crowd

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mississauga_11
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night while on holiday in Kingston. I was able to negotiate a decent rate over the telephone. The receptionist mentioned the broken elevator to me so I requested a ground floor room. She mentioned that the staff would help us with luggage if need be. I would have apprecciated it if they had mentioned the parking situation. The parking garage is out of service at this time (aparently the parking lot collapsed), and guests have to park in a lot across the street (if there are any spots) at a rate of 20.00/day. I have stayed in many hotels across Canada and I think the only places I have paid for parking were in Banff and Jasper, so I was a little shocked that they would not at least have a voucher for this or some kind of discounted rate. It would be great if the hotel could work something out with the lot across the street. The hotel is really starting to show it's age and this is not a good thing if it is to remain competitive with other nearby hotels. I felt that the suggested room rates were not reflective of the quality of the hotel. I must say that the staff were polite and helpful as they could be and we appreciated this.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmandaWild
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The staff were great when we weren't happy with the first room. The second room had been upgraded. The hotel is looking a bit tired and needs upgrading. Stained carpets and musty smell in halls.

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms. I think the King beds have been refreshed.
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed at the Confederation Place hotel for a soccer tournament 2 years in a row.
We have had a wonderful time there. The staff has been more than accomodating especially the manager. There elevators were broken down ( which is not in there control) and they had young men carry our luggage, coolers etc. up and down the stairs. They did not make us wait around for them to do this. They had notifyed us about the elevators before arriving and gave us a discount, but also asked if there was anyone that would need to be on a lower floor because of medical reasons. The manager was on the phone with me for quite a while us trying to juggle things and never made me feel like I was putting him out. We also had parents request to be put on a lower floor when the had arrived ( instead of when they were told about the elevators ) and the hotel did accomodate, even though they had put probably hours into trying to keep our team together on 2 floors.
This hotel is right in down down Kingston. You can walk out the front door and to your left and the water front is there for a wonderful walk. There is lots restaurants to choose from all walking distance. The team loved the ice cream parlors in town.
The pool at the hotel was a great pass time also for the team and the parents. We had hot showers in the morning and evenings,extra pillows on our beds.
We have booked this hotel 2 years in a row and will be booking it again next year for our away tournament.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Where to start....upon arrival to this hotel the parking garage was being repaired so we were told to park in the lot across the road(no reimbursment) but it was full so we parked 2 blocks away and walked. Upon checkin the elevators were broken, we were offered help carrying our items upstairs which was nice and given a discounted rate for the trouble so we were so far slightly annoyed but satisfied with the adjustment. Upon reaching our room the key cards didnt work so someone had to go back dow to get them fixed. Entering the room there was an obvious odour, I wouldnt say smoke but moldy, musty?? Our TV Remote didnt work, when we went to bed there was no extra pillow in the dresser, no note pad or paper for notes, the bathroom drains were clogged and the shower curtain was too long and sat on the bathtub floor. We had cold showers the first morning and warmed the shower for 10min the second morning. When our room was cleaned the first night our glass cups werent even replaced or cleaned. The pool needs to be maintained we thought it was dirty but it was missing paint on the bottom and sides. The lounge chairs were broken and the hottub was closed early because the chlorine was too low. We were very close to the water and had a view but it wasnt necessarily a 'good' thing. The ships coming in at night were loud as well as the large amounts of people boarding and unboarding. The windows in the room are old and stained so not very appealing.

We did take part in the continental breakfast the first morning and it was awful, there was ice chunks in the milk(guess they buy in bulk and freeze it) so we ate elsewhere the second morning.

I did write to the hotel to express my concerns and got a response that made my jaw drop, when I learned the response was from the Manager I was even more surprised, I cannot understand how this hotel is still around. The Manager was rude and belittling stating that he has never stayed in a hotel that he didnt pay for parking. In the end he offered us a stay at 50% off for 1 night, but I wouldnt stay in that hotel again for free.

1  Thank michl_75