“Historically charming!”
Review of Rosemount B&B Inn

Rosemount B&B Inn
Ranked #5 of 22 Kingston B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 9, 2010

My husband and I booked this weekend for our anniversary.
We have stayed at the Rosemount Inn Bed and Breakfast many times over the years and it has been consistently wonderful. From the beautiful stone exterior and the lovely landscaping to the period decor in the rooms and common areas, you feel like you have stepped back in time to a place of serenity and calm.
The breakfasts are amazing! Saturday, we had a lovely vegetable frittata with a homemade teabiscuit, yogurt and fresh fruit, and Sunday (Sunday's are always a sweet breakfast), we had the Welsh toast with pure maple syrup, berries and creme fraiche. Absolutely to die for!!! There was fresh orange juice, coffee and tea, too.
We spent our evening (after a nice day walking around Kingston, checking out the Market, waterfront and local shops) reading in the cozy armchairs in front of the fireplace in our Master Suite. This room has no TV (just how we like it, although other rooms do, if you prefer) so it was very restful and a perfect way to unwind after a brutal work week and busy day.
We also started our Saturday with massages in the Spa (Suzie was terrific and kept her promise of reducing me to "butter and mush" with her massage.) What a perfect way to start the day.
The afternoon tea in the sitting room is a really nice touch, as well. There is a choice of different teas along with fresh baked cookies or other treats to snack on while you read a book or newspaper, play a game, play the piano or just listen to the soft music in the background.
Holly is a gracious hostess who ensures that you have whatever you need from dinner reservations, to suggestions for things to do while you're in town.
It's always a great experience from start to finish.
We'll be going back for years to come!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rosemount B&B Inn

Reviewed April 6, 2010

I just spent a wonderful two days at the Rosemount B&B Inn in Kingston, Ontario. It's a converted Tuscany villa from the 1850s and well-located within walking distance of downtown Kingston.

My room was spacious and well appointed with period antiques and a large private bath. My room didn't have a TV, but for me that's not the B&B experience. There is WiFi and a CD/iPod/radio, so soothing music can accompany a fine wine and pleasant conversation with that special person in your life. (There is a suite in the Coach House that is well equipped for the modern business traveller.)

The breakfasts included with the room were sumptuous (prepared and presented by a chef) and a wonderful way to start the day exploring downtown Kingston. There is an on-site Spa that I didn't take advantage of, but comes highly-recommended. They also serve afternoon tea in the parlour.

For those allergic to dogs, the Inn's mascot is a Golden Retriever named 'Katie', a friendly dog who greets guests in the reception and parlour areas.

A telling tribute to the Inn is its repeat customers. Everyone I talked to was a repeat customer. One of the couples who sat with me at breakfast was enjoying one of their seasonal visits - a tradition built over several years.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I have written for trip advisor now many times. I still get many responses to my Jamaica review, that that was 2 years ago! I have never written a review for a hotel within Ontario, my home province, but this inn warranted writing a review about it. I have a daughter at Queen's U, so in the last 3 years, I have stayed just about everywhere, but I have never had a good night's sleep anywhere in Kingston. I've been smaller hotels, like the PeachTree (reasonable but hard beds and noise) to chain hotels like the Radisson (nice rooms, but I got no sleep in the new sleep number beds), so I had little reason to believe I would actually get a night's sleep based on previous 12 visits all over Kingston. This was lucky 13 for me. I slept comfortably and deeply and felt great the next day. The beds are wonderful with deep comforters and plenty of pillows so one or two will be just exactly right. The bath towels are oh so fluffy, and plenty of them and the complimentary shampoo and conditioner were first rate.
The innkeeper is a great amature psychologist who helped negotiate a tricky situation for me and my visiting daughters when things went not so well between them. An evening that could have seen ruined was completely turned around with her assistance to a wonderful time for all. I am very appreciative for that.
The next morning, we were greeted with a superb breakfast that I never expected. I am use to maybe some tea/coffee and go over there to make your own toast, but this was incredible!! A hot sit down breakfast and fantastically tasty. Yes, guests do sit down at the one very large table for breakfast, but is it really such a hardship to enjoy a delicious meal with a few other guests? If you need a particular sitting time, just email that in advance. There is a small separate table that looks like it can be requested.
As to the Golden Retriever who does indeed live there; there is no dog present at the breakfast table, that is a myth, however she does live at the inn. She give the inn a warm and comforting feel to it and I think she's a great asset.
I shared a room with my two teenage daughters and there was plenty of space. I could get up early and use the spacious front parlor to catch up on my diploma work while my daughter slept upstairs. It was a perfect set up and felt like being at home. I can't say I felt that relaxed during any of my other stayings overnight in Kingston.
That would be the bottom line of why I will definitely book again at the Rosemount. I pay to be able to get a good night's sleep and to not feel stressed about having to be away from my real home for a night. This inn provides exactly what frequent travellers want and need. If other reviews wish to get hung up on their perception of imperfect period decor or other side points, it is their priviledge. They have missed out on a truly rare experience; the feeling like you are at home while being away.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank Raykids
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Arrived late on a Friday night looking for accomodation in Kingston, after searching for a while we were welcomed by Katie at the Rosemount inn. We stayed in the Loft room and we had a great stay, it was just a pity it was only one night. The breakfast was good and we would recommend to friends. Kingston is a good place to stop if you are traveling from Toronto to Montreal/ Quebec.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pairc
Reviewed August 13, 2009

My mother, my sisters and myself went to the Rosemount Inn to spend some quality time together. I felt as if I just stepped back in time, the minute I walked in the Inn. Every room was beautifully decorated with antiques of the Victorian era. We stayed the first night in the Inn (the Sir John A Macdonald room) and in the coach house the second night. We enjoyed…the afternoon tea, the vinotherapy facial and massage, the wonderful breakfast, the downtown shopping! So many things to do and so little time! Hope we will be starting a new tradition…What a wonderful experience!
Fabienne

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Fabienne671
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Rosemount B&B Inn was the best experience I had in Canada during my travelling through. Beautiful house, great location /not far from the centre of town, but quiet place/ and wonderfull services - especially breakfasts were divine. On the top of that, spa procedures were heavenly as well. My only regret is that I could not stay longer, but I hope to return as soon as possible. Thanks, Holly, Susan and ....Katie.
Vlasta

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank vlastik
Reviewed March 31, 2009

From the moment you walk up the stairs of this lovely old home you know you are in for a real treat. The windows are set into thick stone walls, the ceilings are high, the light pours into the living room and dining room, and every guest room is unique and special.Quiet - tranquil - cozy - great little shop - the best facial I have EVER had! And let's not forget the bed: luxurious linens and pillows, I slept a very deep and restful sleep, it was absolutely wonderful. I would return in a heart beat.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends