“best b&b in kingston”

Ranked #3 of 22 Kingston B&B and Inns
Brewerton, New York
“best b&b in kingston”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

if there is a better place to stay in kingston i'd be shocked. very friendly helpful and a great location. will stay there for all of my future trips.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
RosemountInnkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at Rosemount B&B Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
I am so happy to hear from you. I really enjoyed your visit to the inn. Thank you for the great tummy rubs! I know there is a sign saying not to feed me any cookies but you know I can always hope! My mom says that they are not good for me but they do look so yummy. Every day they bake fresh cookies just for you guys! Glad to know you will be coming back. I will be waiting for you! with love, Katie the very friendly Golden Retriever...... and guest relations manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We recently had the great pleasure to stumble across a perfect gem for B and Bs. The Rosemount is exquisite. The Cloverdale room that we stayed in was beautifully furnished with a wonderful four poster bed and lovely sitting area. The French door like windows opened out upon the beautiful and fragrant gardens and gave the feeling of being secluded out in the English countryside.
Holly is the consumate chatelaine host with homemade cookies and afternoon tea provided in the gorgeous drawing room. Stephanie the Chef prepared stunning breakfasts that were a feast not not to the eye but to the palate. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: The Cloverdale roomm was wonderful, quiet and supremely cozy!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RosemountInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemount B&B Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
We are so pleased to hear back from guests.It helps the next traveller find the right inn for them too. Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I love the Coverdale room too. Your description of being in an English Garden setting is a perfect description. In the fall guests love it with the fireplace on and being curled up in the comfy wing back chairs with the garden view, a good book and a hot cup of tea and a cookie.....
Barrie, ON
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My two night stay at the Rosemount Inn & Spa was so relaxing. The spa was an added treat to the Inn's available services. The decor of the Inn takes one back to a time when people were genuinely welcomed and conversation was endearing. The room I had the pleasure of staying in was so beautiful that if it weren't for the inspired breakfasts and the activities that were all arranged by the Inn for me to enjoy while in the area, I would've stayed put taking advantage of the Inn's atmosphere and of the many books in the collection! I will return to the Rosemount Inn & Spa, without a doubt, on my next trip to Eastern Ontario! Thanks Holly for making "my time away" a time to remember!
N. Wilson, Barrie, ON

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
So glad to hear that you enjoyed all of your 'activities'. There is so much to see and do in Kingston it takes a few visits to get to know the 'town'.. Spa time is so relaxing, the front porch beckons many guests and the many museums, shops, boat cruises and the wonderful art gallery are not to be missed. We will be happy to help you on your next visit - and show you more of the sites! Holly
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Rosemount is our accommodation of choice when we want a romantic getaway in Kingston. We love the Tower Room, with its balcony and tower... and ghost stories. We've always thought that the Rosemount is a great representation of what we love about Kingston... its history and architecture. We had stayed at the Rosemount a few years ago, and on our return, we were very pleased that Holly remembered us. We love the personal service and the intimacy of the setting... it's not an impersonal hotel. The breakfasts are delicious and we really enjoyed meeting and chatting with our tablemates at the breakfast table.

I enjoyed the tasty afternoon treats in the sitting room. So nice to have after a day of wandering around Kingston, before deciding where to go for dinner. The historical objects and books in the room are very interesting... as are all the historical objects, books, pictures, and antiques in the entire Inn, actually.

It's an easy and pretty walk to Queen's, downtown, and Lake Ontario.

On our previous visit a few years ago, we noticed how comfortable the bed was (it still is)... we were going to buy the same one for our home, but didn't at the time... and I still regret that.

The Rosemount is not taupe-and-steel modern nor is it trendy, and that's just what we like about it. It's comfortable, well-run, intimate, and clean. And there's awesome breakfast. What else would you want in a B & B?

Room Tip: We've only stayed in the Tower Room, but we like it for the balcony!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tower room is a great room in the summer .... the balcony is so much fun when the Haunted Walk goes by! Maybe this Hallowe'en the ghost of the inn will be in the Tower. She does like to visit often! For the winter - the upper tower room is small but a great place to read or share a glass of wine. See you again, Holly
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed in the Anne Earl room - a beautifully-decorated and good-sized room for three ladies looking for a weekend getaway! When we arrived on a Friday afternoon, we were delighted to see such a beautiful historic inn with a gorgeous garden. We were able to enjoy tea and (what seemed to be) homemade cookies and treats in the sitting room after our drive to Kingston (this is served daily in the late afternoon). We found the owner very pleasant and welcoming. She made some great suggestions for site-seeing and activities for us to do in Kingston. We were even able to buy show tickets directly from her - very convenient! The best part of staying at the Rosemount was the incredible gourmet breakfasts which including local food and local chefs. the service was great and the food was healthy and delicious! I have to mention the bed as well - so comfortable and luxurious! Another bonus was the location of the inn - downtown shopping, the beautiful waterfront,and a variety of restaurants were all within a 10-15 min. walk. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank CAMcG22
Pj parties are very popular at the inn. So many 'girl's getaways' that we created special rooms. Glad you had a great time and we look forward to your return. A great winter escape too , add a little spa time!! Cheers, Holly
Reviewed August 21, 2011

When we head out to Ontario to visit family or just to holiday, we look for Inns that will enhance our experience and offer surroundings that will make us smile. We loved our short time in the Rosemount Bed and Breakfast, from our splendid room to the hospitality of Holly and the staff. It is a grand old home in a great location in Kingston. There is no doubt that we will look forward to another visit here on a return to Kingston.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
RosemountInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemount B&B Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
It is great to hear from guests! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing! My staff and I .... and Katie the Golden Retriever look forward to your return. Holly
Vancouver
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights at this lovely old manor. Yes, the rooms and furnishings are old.....and the problem with that is ?? It is Kingston, after all, and that's part of the ambiance. The
proprietress couldn't do enough to make our stay a good one, we were there on business...using up 5 of the rooms in the house. Each room is different, and has it's own personality associated to it, which makes for some fun and you get to learn some history, too! Breakfast was fantastic, and if you have their lunches made, they are equally as fantastic! If I were to come back and stay again, I would choose the room that looks over the garden, believe it was the old dining room, or in the beautiful room upstairs that would have been the master bedroom!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Many guests have told me how they love the vintage authenticity of the period furnishings. I attended many auctions when the inn opened in 1990. I am sure I made the auctioneers day! They knew I would be taking home some of the best pieces they offered. The furniture just fits the inn so well, and it is my hope that you feel part of the history of the 1800's while you are here. The wi-fi although not 1800's is also a highlight for guests.... not everything is antique! THanks for sharing, see you again. Holly