Secret Garden Bed & Breakfast Inn
Delta Hotels
$166
$151
  • Pool
Motel 6 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
$78
$124
Travelocity
$151
$123
All reviewsfront porchb brose roomhistoric houselovely bed and breakfastrooms are beautifully decoratedgourmet treatbeautiful heritage homecaring persongas fireplaceevery afternoonearlier breakfastother guestsquiet streetensuite bathroomfour poster bedparking on site
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had stayed at the Secret Garden B&B in the past (our favorite Inn in Kingston), but it was our first stay since it was taken over by Kathy Davidson (new owner). No need to worry ! The Inn is still as beautiful as ever and Kathy was simply wonderful ! We had a great time and my mom and I enjoyed our stay (we are planning to go back next year ! ) Thank you Kathy for making us feel like we were at home !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
kathyd488, Owner at Secret Garden Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for returning and so glad you enjoyed your stay! I look forward to welcoming you back...

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Secret Garden B&B has so much character and old world charm. We stayed here for a mini-honeymoon and we are so glad we did. It's walking distance from Kingston's downtown core so you can enjoy shopping and restaurants just around the corner, and other Kingston attractions (dinner cruises, museums, etc.) are not too far either. The service was perfect: Booking was easy and the gourmet breakfasts were to die for! We loved eating in the beautiful dining room and took advantage of the board games in the parlor. My husband and I will have to go back for future anniversaries.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meagan G

I'm glad you chose the Inn for your special occasion. I hope you return soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We only had one night at the Secret Garden Inn in Kingston, but we should have stayed there longer! It is a very wonderful Vicotian House with really nice and spatious rooms! If you go to Kingston, you should stay there!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
kathyd488, Owner at Secret Garden Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for the recommendation! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This B & B is in a landmark older home, with nice gardens outside, and two sitting rooms inside. Our room was good-sized, although since bathrooms are retrofitted in old houses, the shower stall was very small. The décor is a flowery Victorian style. It is very well located; you can walk to Princess Street and downtown restaurants, as well as to the Queen’s campus. Kathy the owner, was friendly and efficient but not overly chatty, which may suit you depending if you are with a companion or alone.

I don’t often stay in bed and breakfasts, so I’m not sure if this is the norm, but what would prevent me from returning here was all the rules. You had to say exactly when you were checking in, within a one-hour window, so we ended up rushing our drive there. You had to choose a breakfast time, either 8:00am or 9:00am, and there was no choice for breakfast. (Kathy does ask several times before you arrive if you have any food allergies, however allergies and preferences are not the same thing.) In addition, for the price of this B & B (downtown hotels with a CAA discount were comparable) I would have expected a little more luxury in the details, like high-grade toiletries, more abundant food or extra services. I like to relax when I go away, but I felt like I had to fit into the Secret Garden’s schedule rather than vice versa.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank deepcover

I am sorry that you felt rushed as opposed to relaxed; I can generally accomodate checkins at different times than posted, whether early or late. You just need to ask. I appreciate your other comments and try to incorporate all feedback into the ongoing running of the Secret Garden. We are always evolving!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

If you are visiting Kingston, Ontario, Canada and want to enjoy a peacefaul and relaxing time in the city, I suggest you stay at the Secret Garden B&B Inn! This B&B is historic, friendly and clean, with spacious rooms and large well designed bathrooms for a B&B. Also includes lovely, quiet seating areas from the gardens and large porch to the patio. A nice healthy breakfast is a great start to the day!

It is in the heart of the city of Kingston so you can walk to fine restuarants or the historic waterfront during the day, even better on a nice evening. I would recommend this property, it is especially close to Queens University, and other historic sites.

A great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

I am happy you enjoyed the Inn, gardens and neighborhood. I hope you come back soon!