“Hotel was excellent”

Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This hotel was very excellent with free wifi. this was our second time coming to this hotel and so far we haven't had any problems. When we came back from Montreal it was kind of a problem because we had to move 3 times around the hotel. The 1st room was right across from the pool we didnt like because of the smell and the loudness. 2nd room smelled like someone smoked in the room with no microwave. 3rd room had no microwave but smelled like smoke but at least we opened the window and they gave us a microwave. Otherwise the hotel was excellent

Room Tip: Don't get any rooms located across or near the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear

Thank you for writing a review about your experience at Four Points by Sheraton Kingston. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and I’m delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. I regret your initial frustration, but I am delighted to hear that we made things right. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we appreciate your continued patronage.

There are newer reviews for Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place has great potential. Beautiful location with renovated rooms but...

Only 3(!) cribs available. I had to sleep on a fold up bed while my wife and baby share a queen sized mattress. Cant say there where bed bugs for sure, but next morning I woke up scratching all over... When first arrived, soap in the washroom dispenser was missing and only got refilled after our third request. Card for underground parking only worked after second time coding.

Do yourself a favour and stay elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Eitan B,

We are pleased to hear from you. Proving you with a pleasant stay is our highest priority; I’m sorry we disappointed you. I appreciate you taking the time to write to let us know where we succeeded and areas that need improvement. We take any issues of pests extremely seriously and performed a thorough inspection upon receiving your feedback. The results were negative, but we did take extra precautions to ensure the room does not contain pest of any kind. Your comments serve as encouragement for our associates and enhance future stays. For that reason, I hope we will see you again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed in a two room Junior Suite on the 9th floor. There was one Queen bed, a pull-out couch (comfy enough) and the staff provided us with a crib for our 3 y/o daughter. There was a (very) small balcony in the bedroom and a large window facing north and providing an excellent view of the city, the (Rideau) river, the harbour-front, RMC and Old Fort Henry. Nevertheless, if you are interested in what downtown Kingston has to offer, then the best feature of this hotel is its location because it's close to everything.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear CaptBlack,

We are pleased to hear from you. Proving you with a pleasant stay is our highest priority. I appreciate you taking the time to write to let us know we succeeded. Your comments serve as encouragement to our associates who work hard to make our guests feel at home. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Pet-friendly can be a blessing or a curse depending on your situation. My wife is sensitive to cats and dogs , so we were unpleasantly surprised to find that this facility is pet-friendly. When we made the booking we were not asked or told about this and the place was full so we couldn't change rooms. Of course, this could be a bonus for many.

However, the room we had was quite nice - a junior suite with a separate bedroom and living room, both small, but entirely adequate. We were traveling with our daughter and son-in-law and their room just down the hall was similar but different in that the bedroom was a little bigger and the living room narrower, making it feel a bit cramped. It was clean and fresh (other than residual pet hair, which the cleaning staff made extra effort to remove for us), with a small empty fridge (very useful), a coffee maker with lousy coffee, a 32" wide-screen TV (but not HD service), a sofa-bed, one chair and a work desk. Free wi-fi provided.

The room was pretty quiet considering the hotel is located in the heart of downtown, but the AC unit was very noisy and they should install quiet-closing doors to avoid the typical door slamming noises. Windows can be opened for fresh air. Everything is a bit scuffed and scraped, but workable.

They have a large, clean, indoor pool and hot tub as well as a reasonably equipped exercise room. Parking is $14/night and is deep below the hotel in a dank, narrow access parking lot. Be careful around the corners because there is not much room to pass.

The hotel restaurant, Sizzlers, which I'll review separately, provides room service.

This is a great location in a great City. It's an easy walk to a LCBO and a large grocery store. It is surrounded by pubs and restaurants, shopping and lots of history. It is a great spot for history and architecture buffs. Just around the corner from the Hotel, you can take the sight-seeing trolley, which I recommend. For about $30 you get a 90 minute bus tour of the City and you can hop on and off for 24 hours. Take it first to orient yourself. Make sure to visit Fort Henry. Just next door is the Kingston Brewing Co. with good micro-brew beer (I'll review it too).

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor and above have better views of the City and harbour. Rooms number 06 to 09 (5...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Ian G,

We're happy to hear from you, and appreciate your detailed review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your spacious suites, amenities and location at Four Points by Sheraton Kingston, and we're glad to have been a part of your trip. My sincere apologies for the pet hair found in your room, but I’m happy to know our housekeeping staff was accommodating. I’m sorry for this interruption to your trip. I'm glad you liked the area and felt well taken care of by our staff. Please make plans to visit us again.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

A perfect business or pleasure escape in downtown Kingston.
Some rooms have a water view and a balcony.
Hotel is clean and newly renovated, rooms are spacious and comfortable.
Staff are great and an asset this hotel.
Gym is ok, no water machine and limed equipment.
Large pool (indoor) also on property.
My favourite choice in Kingston

Room Tip: Ask for a non adjoining room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

We are so appreciative of your kind review. It is rewarding to know that you enjoyed our clean modern hotel and friendly service. Your remarks serve as encouragement to our associates who strive to provide a pleasant stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and please visit us upon your return to the area.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed in a King suite with my family for one night in July. Being a Four Points, the furnishings are not particularly fancy or the room luxurious (nor should anyone expect them to be), but it was clean, comfortable, not at all run down or worn, and perfectly fine for a family trip. In fact, it is arguably more than you would expect from a Four Points.

The king bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was very spacious. Even though we were near the elevator (on the 9th floor), which I normally avoid, we were not disturbed by any hall noise. We actually slept quite well, which is not always a given for me in a hotel room!

My only complaint is that the living room and patio door didn't not have proper curtains, so my children were exposed to whatever the outside light was. Given that there is a sofa bed in the living room, there really should be proper curtains on those windows.

Having an indoor pool is a great option when you have kids. We used it twice. Again, nothing fancy and isn't a full=length wave pool, but there are big washrooms right beside the deck and a hot tub. We're glad it was available.

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel, and I would stay again.

Dear sjkski,

We’re happy to hear from you, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Four Points by Sheraton Kingston. We appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us while visiting the area. I’m pleased to hear we were well suited for your family travels. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for more family fun.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend and I thought it was a great hotel. The location is amazing, right downtown and walking distance to the waterfront, Princess Street and many awesomr bars & restaurants. In terms of cons, one is parking. The best spot is underground, but its easy to drive by it, and with the one way streets it can be a pain to try to get back. There is 5 min parking in front of the hotel, but its usually full. As for street parking? Good luck. Another issue I had was that the parking pass from the hotel didn't work, I wasnt the only one, and there were tie ups trying to get out of the garage. My other issue was that the elevators were very slow. It was a busy weekend, but it seemed like I was waiting a very long time. Besides that the staff were friendly and accomodating. The rooms were clean and spacious and the complimentary upgrade was a nice touch. Overall a very good stay.

Room Tip: see if an upgrade is available or a waterview room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kswck_Dinner_Jckt,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments with our team; they work hard to ensure guests feel at home. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement. It is feedback like yours which allows us to positively impact future guest experiences.