“Clean Hotel and thats it...”

Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Barrie, Canada
“Clean Hotel and thats it...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel seems very clean and the pool and spa areas are well kept.
Now what annoyed me...
No fridge in the Room (I wish they would tell you when you register)
Over-charged in their restaurant (I deducted that from the tip.)
Had breakfast on a Tuesday morning in their restaurant, 3 servers and 8 people.(Had to get my own second cup of coffee)
The maids like to talk loud in the hall with each other. (Maybe it would be better if they would whisper especially at 8:10 in the morning after you checked in late the night before.)
Like I said, clean hotel, but that's it....

Room Tip: You have to pay for parking.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a great time here for my Birthday. I have stayed at Four Points all over the world so I was happy to see that the Kingston Four Points (my home town), represents well. Would definitely recommend to visitors.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
MatDTC,
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Four Points Kingston. We're happy to have been a part of your birthday celebrations and we're pleased to know you had a great stay. Your recommendations of our hotel is very much appreciated. We hope you'll visit us again soon!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

This is a nice hotel located in the heart of Kingston. The room was spacious, and the service at the front desk was excellent. Free menu breakfast at the restaurant was really nice. Free wifi without the complications of a login and password. The hotel has lots of amenities, including a pool and a gym. I do not know if this is the case across the whole chain, but this particular one offers a 5$ voucher per day if you do not need your room to be serviced.

To be really picky, the television would need to be updated, and a channel listing in the room would be nice. True, there is also no refrigerator. To an extent, it is also somewhat expensive. That being said, this is a really nice hotel, a professional well-run outfit.

Room Tip: I would not necessarily pay extra for the lake view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
IanRoberge,
Thank you for writing a review from your visit to Four Points Kingston. It's great to know you enjoyed your stay and found our friendly service, spacious accommodations, and value added amenities well suited for your travels. We're pleased to have had you as our guest and we hope you'll visit us again soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have stayed at different “four points” before across Ontario, and I can’t recall an extraordinary experience, so I was not expecting one either at this hotel… but, I am glad I was wrong! The one major thing that really has made our stay a pleasant one was meeting one of the front desk staff named Troy. When I made the reservation, I spoke with him who sounded very professional and friendly. And lucky for us, he was the one who was working at the time of our check-in. He was the best in terms of giving us directions and suggestions, either for parking, dining and anything else in between! At one point, I have locked myself out of the room and he resolved the issue right away, gave me another card after verification, also I told him that I needed to make a local phone call; and he was nice enough to let me use the front desk phone! These “little” things are HUGE for me; since some other properties tend to miss out the customer’s (little – and at times urgent) needs! He truly made the whole experience much better! Troy should be recognized for a great, friendly and professional customer service!
Overall, the hotel staff was friendly (I only met two; Troy and another guy who was working in evening). He was also very accommodating as we needed a mini fridge and microwave, and he brought it in to our room for us in no time!
The hotel itself is nice and clean, but the exterior needs some work; also the elevators are REALLY slow and old! The beds were comfy, and the location was perfect for us as it was right in core of downtown. There are many great restaurants around; within walking distance! Also, upon check-in they give you warm cookies which were a nice touch! The hotel has a hair salon and a restaurant attached to it, so you can get into both within hotel corridors. Also for the restaurant (Sizzle), we dine in there for the breakfast, good food but I think a bit limited options! We had lunch there too; at Sizzle; and it was really good food, amazing feta berry salad and chicken, seemed everyone else in my party enjoyed their food, even the one person who is a very picky eater finished off his plate!! Overall, the restaurant food quality and service was great!

Room Tip: facing the lake/river
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank glory_coy
glory_coy,
We appreciate your review and feedback from your stay at Four Points Kingston. Thank you especially for recognizing Troy's efforts in service, he will be thrilled to know that his sincere hospitality had such a positive impact to your stay. I look forward to sharing your compliments and will be certain to award him with a special commendation on his excellence in service. It's wonderful to hear we exceeded your expectations and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for your review.

Casselman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I always find it interesting when I read other reviews about places I have been. Some folks see it in an entirely different light, some folks see it the same. I am actually here, right now, enjoying a great steak and glass of wine at the restaurant "Sizzle" attached to the hotel.

I am a weekly patron of the Four Points and have stayed at other hotels here in Kingston, yet keep coming back here. I haven't slept this good while travelling since Italy last year. The Hotel is clean, competitively priced, and located in an excellent place, walking distance from just about anything you want to do. The Hotel has plenty of accessible parking (I drive a gas guzzling Avalanche SUV) that fits nicely in the underground, secure parking.

Pick a room (or ask for one) that faces East and watch the sun come up over the lake, amazing!

Try the "Sizzle" - just had a New York Strip, with a great "market" salad, the perfect end to my hectic day here in Kingston today. Looking forward to another great nights sleep.

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces East!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Randy S,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage at Four Points Kingston. We appreciate your return visits and compliments regarding the high level of service, cleanliness, and convenience that you consistently experience. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for writing.

St. Catharines, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I recently stayed here on a business trip. While the hotel was nice and clean, the room was pretty spartan in decor and there was no refrigerator. There was also no information in my room about local restaurants. If you wanted information, you either had to call the front desk or go down to the lobby to speak with someone at the front desk or go through their brochure rack. Also, the ice machine on our floor was broken. Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating.

AmyJo55,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. We appreciate you choosing Four Points Kingston on your recent business trip, and we're glad our friendly service and clean hotel met your satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us on areas where we can make improvements. We value your business and hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed for one night while visiting my daughter who is at Queens. The hotel is downtown and our first challenge was finding any parking spot to stop at while we checked in and got access to their parking garage. We literally had to drive around the hotel block 4 times. We finally snagged a pay parking spot. The reception was decent and friendly, however, once we got to our room we quickly realized there was no fridge. I went back to reception and was told there were sports teams in the hotel and they had taken the limited number the hotel had available. Now I travel A LOT for business and I was shocked to find a hotel that is $180/night and does not provide a fridge. The man at reception offered to get me a large ice bucket which I said yes to. I went back to my room and the ice bucket never came!

We had a couple of other things (people were smoking in the stairwell which we were next to and the odor travelled plus the sports team kids were running noisily in the halls) which were not the hotel's fault but did not add to the situation.

The next morning when we checked out the man at reception asked how our stay was. I gave him honest feedback about the parking and fridge and he just said, "Well, have a nice day". Don't ask the question if you are not prepared to deal with the feedback!!!

I have stayed at other motels outside of the downtown core with clean facilities and a fridge for $100 less. I would not stay here again. I gave it a 2 star because the rooms were clean and some updating has been done and the beds were very comfy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank islandgirlth
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
islandgirlth,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate guest feedback as a way to continuously improve our product and service. It's unfortunate to hear all the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you once again.