“No Value”

Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Victoria, Canada
“No Value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed for one night while visiting my daughter who is at Queens. The hotel is downtown and our first challenge was finding any parking spot to stop at while we checked in and got access to their parking garage. We literally had to drive around the hotel block 4 times. We finally snagged a pay parking spot. The reception was decent and friendly, however, once we got to our room we quickly realized there was no fridge. I went back to reception and was told there were sports teams in the hotel and they had taken the limited number the hotel had available. Now I travel A LOT for business and I was shocked to find a hotel that is $180/night and does not provide a fridge. The man at reception offered to get me a large ice bucket which I said yes to. I went back to my room and the ice bucket never came!

We had a couple of other things (people were smoking in the stairwell which we were next to and the odor travelled plus the sports team kids were running noisily in the halls) which were not the hotel's fault but did not add to the situation.

The next morning when we checked out the man at reception asked how our stay was. I gave him honest feedback about the parking and fridge and he just said, "Well, have a nice day". Don't ask the question if you are not prepared to deal with the feedback!!!

I have stayed at other motels outside of the downtown core with clean facilities and a fridge for $100 less. I would not stay here again. I gave it a 2 star because the rooms were clean and some updating has been done and the beds were very comfy.

1 Thank islandgirlth
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
islandgirlth,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate guest feedback as a way to continuously improve our product and service. It's unfortunate to hear all the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you once again.

Andrew Holmes, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had 2 different stays at the Four Points in the span of 2 weeks and the overall property was amazing. The room felt like an apartment here in Toronto. I will definitely stay there again when I am in Kingston :)

Room Tip: become an SPG member!! or ask for a room with a balcony!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Reg B
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Reg B,
Thank you for your review and return visit to Four Points Kingston. It's great to know our spacious accommodations exceeded your expectations and made for an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest the next time you're in the area. Thank you again for your review and patronage.

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've stayed overnight at this hotel twice in the past month. For me this is the equivalent of a budget hotel needing some new beds. On both occasion I did not have the best of sleep as the bed was worn out unevenly. Why did I stay there a second night then? Price!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Michel S,
Thank you for writing and sharing feedback. It's unfortunate to hear that our beds did not meet your satisfaction and we're sorry for the issues you experienced in comfort. We value your business and hope to provide a more rewarding stay in the future. Thank you again.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night. I had been there before and have always enjoyed my time here. Check in was easy and pleasant. The stay was very comfortable. The location was very convenient to all the amenities of the city. We had called a few days before to get a crib and at the time they upgraded us to a suite, which was great. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Kbro15s,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage with us at Four Points Kingston. It's fantastic to hear of all the aspects that made for a comfortable stay. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for your high recommendations of our great hotel.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just passed two nights there. Had a special rate, if not, it can be expensive. What is good is the location. You have a Food Basics, LCBO, Subway, Tim Hortons at about 3 minutes walk. If you want there's also a Metro, a McDonalds, a Staple, at about 6 min. Also you are at one block of the market and hundred restaurants, shops, etc. My only complaint is the water in the spa was incredibly hot !!! We were not able to go in. The pool was hot enough to go, but full of children.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JulieL753
JulieL753,
Thank you for writing. It's great to know that our location perfectly suited your needs and provided many options and conveniences during your stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding the water temperature in the spa and have addressed this concern with our staff to heighten awareness of this issue. We hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night. They upgraded us to a junior suite which was a pleasant bonus. The suite was very spacious and comfortable. Great bed. It had clearly been recently updated. Very quiet hotel yet situated right in the beautiful heart of old Kingston. Only a block from the lake. Great location and underground parking (with in out privileges). Breakfast in the restaurant was not as good as the room but it was adequate. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with directions and suggestions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kath C,
We appreciate your positive reflections on your time with us Four Points Kingston. We're glad you enjoyed a quiet stay and found our comfortable accommodations and central location to meet your satisfaction. We hope you'll return for another visit again soon. Thank you again for your review.

Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I just returned from two nights at this hotel. I have stayed here often as my daughter goes to school in Kingston.
They have updated the lobby and the rooms.
The restaurant is better than most hotels and I have never had a bad meal there.
I highly recommend the ribs!
My only complaint is that they have rented out some of the parking spaces in the garage.
When we arrived it was full but it was empty by 4pm when the conference there was over.
Everyone is helpful and friendly. ( front desk,maids, restaurant )
It is a close walk to downdown and lots of other restaurant choices

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
kathyjohndj,
We appreciate your feedback and continued patronage at Four Points Sheraton Kingston. We're pleased to know our friendly service and great food consistently make for an enjoyable stay. We apologize for any frustrations you experienced with parking and thank you for bringing these concerns to my attention. We hope to see you again soon!