“Good location”

Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed February 22, 2013

One of the first things that come to my mind when I think of this hotel is its location. It is downtown right next to the town hall and lake. Most of the rooms either have a lake view or a downtown view.

As it is in the heart of downtown there are many restaurants and shops right across the hotel. Princess Street - The main shopping street is just a block away from this hotel.

I visited Kingston with my family and we had a good time. The staff were helpful. The room was clean. They have a small fitness centre and pool. We asked for a microwave and mini fridge. they gave us one without any extra charge. There is a restaurant in the hotel. And a Keg across the road.

Keep in mind 24 hour basement parking will,cost you $15.

If you are visiting Kingston for the first time and love trying new cuisine, I strongly recommend that you try the combodian restaurant a block east of the hotel on King street.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dijango,
Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate you and your family staying with us at Four Points Kingston. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay with us and especially enjoyed the surrounding area. Please make plans to see us again. We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is in a great downtown location - it is not right on the water but it is very close and many of the rooms have a view of the water. It is kitty-corner to The Keg and there are a number of other great restaurants and pubs a block or two away.

The Four Points is a solid three star...Check in was a breeze and the staff are exceptionally friendly. We had a group of young women celebrating beside our room and the hotel relocated us to another room without any delay, (they actually moved us to a very nice suite). We ordered room service for breakfast - the food and service were both very good. Definitely worth ordering in rather than trudging out in the snow!

We had been hoping to use the hot tub but it was out of service when we stayed. It would be nice if they had given us a 'heads up' about this at the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

time_to_relax,
Thank you for staying with us at Four Points. We appreciate your kind review, and we're glad you had a nice, comfortable visit with us. I apologize for the hot tub being out of service during your stay. You're right, the Front Desk staff should have informed you that is is undergoing maintenance. We were very glad to have had you as our guests, and we hope you'll come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton Saturday night. We were in town to see a concert at the K-Rock. Amazing location to walk to the concert and for shopping on Princess St. I wish someone had warned us that the pool was in such rough shape and the hot tub was not working at all. Not the usual standards for such an expensive hotel. I'm not sure why it is so expensive to stay in a hotel in Kingston!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank turboturtle1616
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

turboturtle1616,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Four Points as our guests. I apologize for the hot tub not working at the time of your visit. Your feedback is important to me and we'll work on making improvements. I hope you had a great time at the K-Rock and visiting Kingston. Please visit us again as we hope to provide a more positive experience.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

In the heart of downtown Kingston, a short walk from the waterfront, boutique stores and restaurants. The room was quiet - no noisy fans or heaters, and dark - no extra blinking lights from clocks, thermostats etc. We had a great view of the waterfront too. Free bottles of water and free wifi - yay! Beds were wonderfully comfortable. Parking is underneath the hotel and is included in the rate. Very, very convenient.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

oc3anz,
Thank you for your review and letting other viewers know of our wonderful hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you'll visit us again. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked a block of rooms in this hotel asit was the host hotel for our sports event while in Kingston.

When we checked our group into the hotel, no room keys were ready and we were told that everyone had to show ID to get their room key, then they didn't, then there was an issue with the room cost. ONe of our later check-in rooms had to produce his credit card, but we had sorted that part out when we checked in our main group of rooms. It was very confusing and not very smooth at all!

It is very close to evenything, the staff was very helpful, rooms were okay. Although the walls are very thin and you can hear "everything" in adjacent rooms.

The we checked out! The rate we were charged seemed to be different that what we were quoted. We paid the bill and I asked the sales person to contact me as I was staying a day later and could talk with them better at that point. She never talked to me because she had a meeting, I did get a phone call from the front desk saying they had the file and read to me a n email stating the regular rates etc. It was not the email I had saying how much a room was per night, however, this email was at my home and not handy for me to pull out.

Room Tip: My room was on the forth floor, which was fine. It faced a main street but there was no street noise...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

salleseguin,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you and your group staying with us at Four Points Kingston. I apologize for your experience not being a satisfying one with us. We will review your comments as a team and improve upon them. Thank you for your feedback. We welcome you to visit us again as we hope to provide a more positive experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is trying to be Eco-friendly, but the result is a very dark room. There is no overhead light in the center of the room. The only light is from two small, dim bulbs by the bed and a lamp on the desk. In the winter, it gets dark quite early and the sun doesn't rise until late, so this is not very practical or nice for guests.

The location of the hotel is fine. Central, by the hub and reasonably close to the university.

Terrible tv reception, very grainy. Also the heating system which would come on from an overhead vent periodically was very loud.

I should think there are better spots to stay while in Kingston without these issues.

• Stayed: January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Andrea1014,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Four Points Kingston. I appreciate your feedback about your experience with us. I apologize if you found your room too dark. We are Eco-friendly but certainly want our guests to feel comfortable and satisfied with their stay. Thank you again for your comments. We do hope you'll visit us again as we enjoyed having you as our guest.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nice, clean hotel, which is located in the centre of charming Kingston. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Good size pool and small but practical exercise room. Good value also. Check out one of the nice pubs in the immediate vicinity. My favourite is the Kingston Brewing Company--a minute walk from the hotel. Restaurant in hotel has tasty offerings at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

PopeBiff,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear from you, and we're delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us. I'm glad you liked our clean and comfortable rooms as well as our friendly staff. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our surrounding area as well. I'm glad you had a good time. Please come and visit us again soon.