“Great Location”

Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed overnight to enjoy downtown Kingston in the festive season. First time we have stayed at this hotel and will return as everything was satisfactory. Room was very spacious, modern and clean. Was very peaceful which was surprising as there were Christmas parties being held in the function rooms. Were actually woken up by very young children constantly banging their hotel room door but can't blame the hotel for that, only the inconsiderate parents. Checking in and out was very easy as was the parking in the heated, indoor car park. Will stay at this hotel again as the location is excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

josypcat,
Thank you for writing a review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while enjoying the Kingston downtown area. I'm glad you had a great time and hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have been monthly guests at the Four Points Sheraton for at least a year and less regular guests for years before that. We had always been happy with the service we received (as attested to by my prior reviews). The hotel itself was always ok but having spent so much time there over the years we always came back since our daughter felt it was 'homey.' We were there about a week after the management change. Our stay was fine; the room service was better than we'd ever had it although there were some items unavailable as they were changing over all their suppliers. But overall our stay was fine. A month later was a totally different experience. We ordered the same items from room service since they'd been so good the month before and really, they were terrible this time. But the most problematic was that the chlorine levels in the pool were so high that my daughter developed a nasty rash over the few days we were there and one of my nieces couldn't go back in the pool after about 20 minutes since she was reacting so badly. We always swim 5-10 times per visit and this was the first time we had ever had such an experience. Everyone coming into the pool area to check out the facilities commented on how strong the chlorine was. Both my daughter's swimsuit and my own were noticeably lighter in colour after the weekend. We asked the front desk staff while we there and also another staff who we bumped into in the hall -- one staff member commented that the former owners were pretty skimpy so maybe the chlorine levels were now just where they were supposed to have been all along (so good to hear!). I followed up when we got home since we were booking our December trip in but nobody was willing to really address my concerns. I was told that the maintenance person would call me back (I left a message); was told that nothing had changed etc. And finally, when booking another hotel through the Starwoods Preferred Guest Program, I mentioned our disappointment with this in passing and the agent I was talking with called the hotel for me. She got exactly the same response from whoever she spoke to there but suggested that someone from the hotel should follow up with me but again, no-one ever did. It's honestly mystifying to me why a hotel would be so unresponsive to one of its regular guests -- we order room services (at least 3 of our meals), stay for 2 nights monthly, and even had our daughter's birthday there one year. We've given up at this point and are glad to see that other people are having good experiences at the hotel but sad that ours turned out to be so disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

CordeliaToronto,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at Four Points. It is with great regret that your recent visit with us was an unpleasant one. I apologize for our maintenance issue with our pool. We have rectified the issue but certainly apologize for any inconveniences it may have caused you or your family members. I also apologize for not communicating with you directly. I would like to reach out to you and offer my personal apology. Your satisfaction is important to us. We love having you and your family as our guests and hope to continue serving you. Please feel free to contact me directly. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We booked this through Hotwire, we requested an accessible room for 3 people. We were checked in quickly, although they could not find our reservation right away (they had already checked us in). We were given a room and after a 2 hour drive we were ready to put our feet up. We went into the room, it was "accessible" but farthest from the elevator as possible and it only had a king bed. After a call, a bell boy came to move us- to a 2 bed- room, not accessible. The bell boy was great.

A hand towel in the bathroom was dirty, not just stained. We turned on the TV and many channels were snowy. After a call, the bell boy came back up and explained that it is like that with some of the channels through the hotel! Comfy beds though. As mentioned in a few reviews, the room was dark, it took the ilghts at least 10 min to warm up. My Mom woke early and there was only a TV facing the staff in the lobby!

A great location for walking to eat, close to the K Rock centre. Elevators are confusing, we were on P1 and waited for the parking elevator as it seemed to go right past. We hit the down button and finally got a ride. A worker said that whoever hits the button first gets the ride to the lobby and since we had pushed the button after P3, it by passed us!

Parking was $18/night

Would stay again for the location

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

marchbreakneeded,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us and had a pleasant visit. We hope you and your family had a nice time in Kingston. I'm glad you like the location of our hotel, and I hope you'll have another opportunity to come and visit us again.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Spent a couple of nights here recently and had a nice king bed suite. The furniture was a bit tired looking and the TV's, one in the bedroom and one in sitting room were alright. I didn't much like the hard cement floors covered with a 1/4 in carpet without any padding. There was a small bar fridge in the room as well. You have to park in an underground lot just next door to the hotel. Finding a place to eat is not very hard. You have Jack Astors, the Keg and many other small restaurants.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the city you pretty much have to stay above the 7 th floor. In the nice weathe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

D P M,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Four Points and enjoyed your visit. I hope you had a nice time visiting Kingston. Please plan to stay with us again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Spent a weekend here with the GF...

It has a central location, close to everything there is to do and see in Kingston. It is relatively new and clean. The rooms are large.

Upon entering the room, I was struck by the paucity of light. I am a younger person, so I can just imagine what a senior would think. There is a small desk lamp, as well as 2 wall sconces next to the bed. NOT enough light!

The parking is expensive. If you are there on a weekend, park on the street a little south of the hotel, free parking most of Saturday, and ALL Sunday.

Room Tip: High floor, I think they have some with good views (or take the city view over the town square) Par...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

worldtravelto_11,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to have had you as our guest, and we're happy you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate your feedback about the room lighting. I will review your comments with our maintenance staff. I hope you had a good time in Kingston, and I hope you'll come and visit us again.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent the weekend in Kingston and had a wonderful stay at the Four Points.
The staff were extremely friendly and the facilites top notch.
I was impressed with the bottle of water in the room that had a tag on it that said "It's water, of course it's free" as compared to other hotels which charge you $4-6.

The location is excellent and allowed for walking everywhere downtown.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Christopher B,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us at Four Points Kingston. We're glad you liked our friendly staff and found our property to be top notch. Glad you liked the free water too! We hope you enjoyed Kingston as well and plan to return for another visit.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

For what it sets out to be, the Sheraton Four Points in Kingston is definitely a four-star hotel. There's nothing fancy about it, but we found it clean and well-run. Lower level car parking is really convenient. Located in the city centre, there is plenty of opportunity for walking on the nearby foreshore and around town if you are so inclined.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Marrlowe,

Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Four Points Kingston, and we appreciate your business. I'm glad you liked our property and hope you'll have another opportunity to stay with us.