Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston
Hotel Belvedere(Kingston)
Brown's Bay Inn(Kingston)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationsizzle restaurantunderground parkinghotel restaurantking streetfront desk stafffarmers marketcity hallrooms are cleanqueen beda great staygreat roomdowntown coredowntown areaqueens universitypool and hot tublake ontario
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2012

For what it sets out to be, the Sheraton Four Points in Kingston is definitely a four-star hotel. There's nothing fancy about it, but we found it clean and well-run. Lower level car parking is really convenient. Located in the city centre, there is plenty of opportunity for walking on the nearby foreshore and around town if you are so inclined.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Marrlowe,

Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Four Points Kingston, and we appreciate your business. I'm glad you liked our property and hope you'll have another opportunity to stay with us.
Andrew Holmes, General Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here for two nights as part of a three day conference at the hotel. The staff were consistently good to deal with and went out of their way to be friendly and cheerful. The food at the conference was very good and the conference facilities top notch.

I was in a room with two queen beds on the sixth floor overlooking the city. We had a conference rate of $120.00 per night for the room. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. There was nothing particularly special about the rooms beyond that.

The wifi worked well in both the rooms and the conference areas.

I ate with some friends at the onsite restaurant for dinner. The menu was quite limited but what I had was certainly fine. It's location in downtown Kingston means there are lots of great options for eating out. It is right next door to the Brew Pub, a popular Kingston pub with a great selection of their own brewed beer.

I did not have a chance to see or use the indoor pool at the hotel.

Overall it is a good hotel with good staff and okay rooms. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

simeon,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad to hear from you and learn about your pleasant experience with us at Four Points Kingston. I'm glad your conference went well and you liked the facility and food. It's good to know our staff was very helpful and friendly too! We hope you'll visit the Kingston area again and stay with us for another exceptional experience.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The usual Sheraton experience - friendly and helpful staff, comfy bed, clean room and bathroom, decent amenities. Within walking distance of tourist sites, the waterfront, and restaurants. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel but they charge for overnight parking ($14 CDN per night).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

teri_miss,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Four Points Kingston, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us as we look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can say I enjoy staying at this hotel! I have stayed over 40 nights at this location and have been treated well by all the staff except one (which did happen to work at the front desk o1customer). I did handle that employee pretty roughly verbally before leaving on that occasion but I returned knowing that every apple tree will have at least one wormy apple. However, on my very next stay I was greeted by the manager and without me saying a word about run in with his employee (he somehow already knew) he apologized for that experience personally. Unlike o1customer, I will continue to enjoy this fine hotel and its 99% excellent customer service! One bad apple does not spoil the whole batch!! Keep up the good work Kingston Four Points!

Room Tip: Simisuites are very nice with a full couch and balcony off the room. They could use chairs on the balcony during the warmer weather but its still nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Bruce B,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Four Points Kingston. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you more in the future. Your comments are well taken and I'm glad to know that you find our customer service to be excellent and enjoy staying at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is in a good location in Kingston. We didn't have a reservation and just walked in looking for a room for two nights. We got one at 171.00 per night which I think was way overpriced. We had checked a couple of other hotels and they were full so we had to take this room as it was late in the day. The front desk fellow was very helpful in a lot of ways but some other members of the front desk were not so much. He gave us a room telling us it had a lovely view of the river. We hadn't asked for a view so we thought this was very nice. What a let down. Obviously the front desk idea of a river view and mine are vastly different. It was barely a peek a boo view. It didn't matter much because we were not there for the view. Without going into gory details there was a mix up and the hotel thought we had only reserved for one night so at 3:30 the next afternoon they phoned to see when we were checking out. Oddly the maid had been in the morning and made up the room. We sorted that out and stayed another night. We wouldn't stay there again though. There is no lobby in this hotel, just a front desk. There is a photography studio where perhaps the lobby should be and a restuarant. There isn't even one chair to sit on while to wait for people. I wound up sitting on some steps while waiting for my husband to get the car. The restaurant was nice with fairly good food and good service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

newtonizer,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate having you as our guests. It's unfortunate to hear that you didn't get a great view of the river from your room as expected. I'm sure this was a slight oversight by the gentleman at the front desk. Please accept our apologies for this as well as the reservation mix up. I'm glad to hear that you were able to stay another night with us. I will take special note about the seating and thank you for bringing this to my attention. We would love to have you back for another visit.