“Great staff and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston

Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Merrickville, Canada
“Great staff and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here for two nights as part of a three day conference at the hotel. The staff were consistently good to deal with and went out of their way to be friendly and cheerful. The food at the conference was very good and the conference facilities top notch.

I was in a room with two queen beds on the sixth floor overlooking the city. We had a conference rate of $120.00 per night for the room. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. There was nothing particularly special about the rooms beyond that.

The wifi worked well in both the rooms and the conference areas.

I ate with some friends at the onsite restaurant for dinner. The menu was quite limited but what I had was certainly fine. It's location in downtown Kingston means there are lots of great options for eating out. It is right next door to the Brew Pub, a popular Kingston pub with a great selection of their own brewed beer.

I did not have a chance to see or use the indoor pool at the hotel.

Overall it is a good hotel with good staff and okay rooms. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
simeon,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad to hear from you and learn about your pleasant experience with us at Four Points Kingston. I'm glad your conference went well and you liked the facility and food. It's good to know our staff was very helpful and friendly too! We hope you'll visit the Kingston area again and stay with us for another exceptional experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The usual Sheraton experience - friendly and helpful staff, comfy bed, clean room and bathroom, decent amenities. Within walking distance of tourist sites, the waterfront, and restaurants. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel but they charge for overnight parking ($14 CDN per night).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
teri_miss,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Four Points Kingston, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us as we look forward to your return.
Greensboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can say I enjoy staying at this hotel! I have stayed over 40 nights at this location and have been treated well by all the staff except one (which did happen to work at the front desk o1customer). I did handle that employee pretty roughly verbally before leaving on that occasion but I returned knowing that every apple tree will have at least one wormy apple. However, on my very next stay I was greeted by the manager and without me saying a word about run in with his employee (he somehow already knew) he apologized for that experience personally. Unlike o1customer, I will continue to enjoy this fine hotel and its 99% excellent customer service! One bad apple does not spoil the whole batch!! Keep up the good work Kingston Four Points!

Room Tip: Simisuites are very nice with a full couch and balcony off the room. They could use chairs on the b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Bruce B,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Four Points Kingston. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you more in the future. Your comments are well taken and I'm glad to know that you find our customer service to be excellent and enjoy staying at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is in a good location in Kingston. We didn't have a reservation and just walked in looking for a room for two nights. We got one at 171.00 per night which I think was way overpriced. We had checked a couple of other hotels and they were full so we had to take this room as it was late in the day. The front desk fellow was very helpful in a lot of ways but some other members of the front desk were not so much. He gave us a room telling us it had a lovely view of the river. We hadn't asked for a view so we thought this was very nice. What a let down. Obviously the front desk idea of a river view and mine are vastly different. It was barely a peek a boo view. It didn't matter much because we were not there for the view. Without going into gory details there was a mix up and the hotel thought we had only reserved for one night so at 3:30 the next afternoon they phoned to see when we were checking out. Oddly the maid had been in the morning and made up the room. We sorted that out and stayed another night. We wouldn't stay there again though. There is no lobby in this hotel, just a front desk. There is a photography studio where perhaps the lobby should be and a restuarant. There isn't even one chair to sit on while to wait for people. I wound up sitting on some steps while waiting for my husband to get the car. The restaurant was nice with fairly good food and good service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
newtonizer,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate having you as our guests. It's unfortunate to hear that you didn't get a great view of the river from your room as expected. I'm sure this was a slight oversight by the gentleman at the front desk. Please accept our apologies for this as well as the reservation mix up. I'm glad to hear that you were able to stay another night with us. I will take special note about the seating and thank you for bringing this to my attention. We would love to have you back for another visit.
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great location, terrible service ! ( Front desk ) When paying over 200.00 per night, would be nice to be treated with respect . Also asked for the manager to call me upon my return home and have waited more than a week and still nothing !!
Four points lost a customer

Room Tip: stay somewhere else !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank o1customer
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
o1customer,
Thank you for your review. We value your business and appreciate you staying with us at Four Points Kingston. It's unfortunate that your experience with us was not satisfactory. I assure you that our service is exemplary and we strive to make every guest feel comfortable and well taken care of. A member of our group will be in contact with you soon.
Auckland NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The oft-heard expression in the hospitality industry that TA reviewers are predominantly whingers may, or may not, have an element of truth. However, in this instance and regarding this hotel, I have nothing whatever to whinge about for it was all good. Spouse and self stayed here for one night while on a Trafalgar coach tour. It's a smallish hotel with a more personal approach to guests that one might expect to find under the Sharaton name. Room was very satisfactory as was the coach group breakfast and private dinner - the latter while the group went off to dine on Wolfe Island.
Very good - and thank you to management and staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Probian9910,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you stayed with us at Four Points Kingston and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked your room, and pleased you felt a personal approach from our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

While the hotel itself is ideally located in the centre of town, it is currently under new management. This caused several hiccups during my four night stay. First off, I arrived on a thursday, and at 7:00 am the following morning, I called room service to order a pot of black coffee and a banana. I was greeted with something along the lines of, "...um, can you call back after 8? I can't access the computer until after 8..." If I had asked for breakfast, this might have made sense, but just a pot of coffee and a banana??? I called the front desk and asked the manager what was going on and if in fact this was a Sheraton. He apologized and, gawd bless him, he ran across the street to a coffee shop and brought me up a cup of coffee and a banana. Then over the weekend, the housekeeping staff must have been on a skeleton crew. On both days, literally the only thing that was done in my room, was to throw three clean towels under the sink. Literally, the beds were half made, the sink, tub, mirror and toilet were not cleaned. And the small coffee pot was never replenished with coffee supplies. Other than that, the front desk staff were very accommodating and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tigerlilyco,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Four Points Kingston. Yes, we are undergoing new management but this is a very positive thing. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay and hope your issues will not deter you from staying with us again. We have a very optimistic staff who are working hard to provide the best service possible for our guests. Please plan to visit us again as we hope to present to you our improved services and customer satisfaction.