We stayed one night in order to do Ft. Henry. The parking garage was easy to get into and we had no problems there. The elevator to the main floor is a bit tight/hot (my son used a mobility device) but it was ample enough for the 4 of us plus his walker. The main lobby was nice and the front desk personnel were very helpful. The elevator to our room was again a bit tight but not too bad. (The issue I have with the elevators is that, due to the layout, the two sets of elevators are essentially across from each other in a rather tight hallway, thus, when people are waiting for the elevators, it is quite a congested area.)
The room was quite nice with lots and lots of pillows, a crisp sheet, a lighter blanket and a heavy top blanket. Quite decadent. The bathroom was also nice but interesting. The tile is a mix of high polish and matte so it looks constantly wet even when it's not. The bathroom was large and well lit, but we had only 3 towels for a 4 person room. Not a huge issue, just odd. The shower was clean but had not been rinsed well as there were hairs on the tub and 2 of the walls. Didn't particularly bother me as they washed down before we got in but still, not the best impression.
The room/bathroom remodel overall is nice. What I found odd is that all of the hotel/room info (such as room service lists and such) are done in a super plasticy laminated with primary color logos type printing that comes across as a bit cheap. I honestly thought there might not be room service as it took forever to find the menu as the laminated sheet a) blended into the wall and b) didn't look like it would be Sheraton stuff. Again, not huge by any means, just odd.
The room service was EXCELLENT. They have 30 minute guarantee or it's free and they made it on time for both dinner and breakfast. (We don't normally do room service but we were in very late and had lots of rain the next morning.) The food was excellent to boot. They were incredibly helpful for my son's gluten free/dairy free diet (made him a special kids meal) and kept track of that info for the next morning's order.
We were down on the ground for my son's stretching program and the carpet is new and nice. If there is old carpet, it must be in other rooms. The hallways were nicely - not super bright but not super dark. Not the 70's that some reviewer claimed. There were house phones and the drink machines use your key card for payment. (There was free bottled water in the room.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points Kingston is located near the world-famous 1000 Islands, Fort Henry, Grand Theatre, K-Rock Centre, and Queen’s University. All our guest rooms offer picturesque views of Kingston or Lake Ontario. Make yourself at home with access to our newly updated heated indoor pool or work off stress in our state-of-the-art, 24-hour fitness centre. Catch up with work or connect with friends and family using our free Internet. Then, head back to your guest room for a great night's sleep in our Four Points Signature Bed. All of our accommodations offer picturesque views of Kingston or Lake Ontario. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points Hotel And Suites Kingston
- Four Points Hotel Kingston
- Four Points Kingston
- Kingston Four Points
- Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston Ontario