“Very good value for price”

Comfort Inn - Highway 401
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Ottawa, ON
“Very good value for price”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My partner and I stayed two nights at this motel, and used it as a base for day trips to Sandbanks Provincial Park and Wolfe Island.

The room, which was on the second floor, was clean and fresh. We used the A/C and though it was relatively loud (as mentioned in an other review), it didn't interfere with our sleep. I'm a relatively light sleeper and the drone helped to lull me to sleep. Breakfast was rather simple: pre-packaged danish, boiled eggs, etc. I found the coffee to be good in comparison to other, similar, motels.

I've stayed at many Comfort Inns over the years and I would rate this particular one as somewhat above the average in terms of its ease of access to Hwy 401. If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive place to stay and are satisfied with good-quality, standard amenities (nothing too fancy), then chances are you'll be satisfied with your stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skiamachist
CIKingston2, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Highway 401, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
We are glad you were able to stay with us on your recent trip to Kingston and surrounding areas and for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay. We do hope your enjoyable visit will encourage you to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to beautiful, historic Kingston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We travelled to Kingston for a nearby wedding and we were pleasantly surprised at the Comfort Inn. We were swiftly checked in. The staff at the front desk were very nice and efficient. We were given room 131 on the ground floor. The room looks out to the back of the hotel and is very quiet. The room is standard but we found our room very clean. The room was cleaned daily. Either the bed was very comfortable or we were very tired but we slept soundly. The continental breakfast was good. I loved the cinnamon chip scones. With a little bit of downtime, we even went to the nearby outlet mall for some browsing. The hotel is conveniently located just off Highway 401 so it is very easy to find.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DXB_Maple
CIKingston2, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Highway 401, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a comlimentary review of the Comfort Inn Kingston Hwy 401.

We always appreciate hear from our guests, especially those that take the time to leave such nice comments about our hotel, comfortable beds and staff.

We hope on your next trip to Kingston, we will, once again, have the pleasure of having you stay with us.
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We stayed here only for 1 night and for 1 night was OK, specially taking into account the very expensive hotels in Kingston. The room was clean, very basic, but the bed was comfortable. The air conditioner was extremely noisy.The staff in the reception desk were very friendly. The free continental breakfast was good enough (we are satisfied with some baggels with butter, milk and tea!).
There were some outlet stores nearby (Tommy Hillfiger, Puma, etc).
There was a stale smell of cigarrete in the corridor of the ground floor (as some past reviews mentioned), which wasn't pleasant at all. We were lucky and our room was in the 1st floor, where you coulnd't notice the smell. There was no elevator, so if you have heavy luggage, that might be an issue.
It is about time to change the policy and start being a non-smoking hotel!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CIVOG
CIKingston2, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Highway 401, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn Kingston Hwy 401. I am glad you found the property clean and the customer service above average. We take pride in provding our guests with reasonable rates, a comfortable nights sleep and a clean, well appointed room. Customer Service is critical to the success of our property and hotel in general. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Kingston.
toronto
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We went to Kingston for a youth soccer tournament. There are two floors in this hotel. I don’t think there is an elevator, but I’m not exactly sure. The rooms on the first floor have sliding glass patio doors that open up right in front of the parking lot. Great for unpacking. I thought it might be noisy having the cars parked right in front of our rooms but it wasn’t the case. We stayed in room 132 which was a non smoking room close to the lobby facing the front. Two double beds were firm, the pillows soft, the room was clean and spacious but a little dated. There was no fridge or microwave in our room although I was in a room that had them so I guess it depends on which room you get. Because the hotel was full, some of our group had to stay in smoking rooms (102 and 103), they smelt really awful. These rooms didn’t have a microwave or fridge. The breakfast was good, hard boiled eggs, waffles (heat up in toaster), bagels, muffins, cold cereal, apples etc… There is a grassy area in front of the lobby with a picnic table and a large charcoal bar be que. They let quests use it. We had a team barbeque which was awesome. The location was great. It’s just south of the 401. It was very close to our soccer fields, and the beer store. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance ie Swiss Chalet, Boston Pizza, Pizza Hut, Tim Horton’s etc. There is also a great outlet mall right behind the hotel. (The Columbia Clothing Store had some great deals.) The hotel is about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown Kingston.
The staff was friendly. Sheri checked us in and she was very pleasant. The lady who is in charge of the breakfast I think her name was Shirley was also friendly as was the night staff. I was impressed with my room but the smell of stale cigarette smoke was very overpowering in some of the rooms and the hallways. We had a team rate which was $125.00 night. I think this was good value for the money. Hotels in Kingston are riduculously expensive. The year before we stayed at the Holiday Inn on the waterfront. The beds were horrible and it was $200.00 night. I would definately recommend this hotel but get a non smoking room.
Likes: Sliding glass patio doors, pillows, location, staff
Dislikes: Smell of smoke in the hallways, shower didn't drain properly

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank TorontoTopper1
NS
Reviewed July 3, 2009

My husand and I visited Kingston the middle of June. We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Highway 401 in Kingston for four days. The staff were considerate, polite and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Breakfast in the morning was a nice start to the each and to top it all off, they allowed us to have our dogs with us as we were in Kingston for a Specialty Dog Show. I always make sure the room is as clean when I leave as it was when I arrived. Thank you to staff and management of the Comfort Inn for making our stay a Great one!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dogloverNS
Ottawa
Reviewed September 24, 2008

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend and found it to be excellent! The room was very clean. and nothing was missing. The service from the hotel staff was also fantastic! They provided us with recommendations that went above and beyond our expectations! We also found the hotel to be central to to our planned activities as well as being close by to several very handy places!
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Kingston...it was a great experience!

Stayed September 2008
Firestone, CO
Reviewed August 29, 2007

This was a business trip.

The Room - Nothing special. Clean and comfy beds.

Breakfast - Never mind, head across the street to Denny's, MickyD's or Tim's.

The Problem - Booked a stay for five days. Checked in and said I needed to check out in four. "No problem" they said and made the change. Three days in I see a charge on my CC for the full amount. When I go ask the front desk about it they say that "yes, you booked a rate that required a full pre-payment". NEVER had this info up front and they never charged my card until I was in the room. I battled and had my travel agent battle with no luck.

• Disliked — They took my money!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Eddiebo

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels