“Fantastic stay great value for money would stay again”

Comfort Inn - Highway 401
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked this hotel using the no name Priceline feature as I had a brief stay in Kingston and just wanted a clean economical room with free parking and free breakfast. Priceline choice this motel which I stayed in years ago and found more than adequate. I immediately called the hotel and requested a non smoking room with a fridge and microwave. I checked in nice and early at 1 pm(other hotels have 3-4 pm checkin) and the front desk staff was very cheery and helpful. The room was more than adequate with fridge, microwave and I see it was updated from years ago with a new flat screen tv and larger bathtub with safety bars. We had a quiet night's sleep although the hotel is close to the highway exit but but only 10-15 minutes to downtown Kingston. The best part of the stay was the fantastic breakfast buffet which is the best breakfast I ever had for a 2 star property. I would definately stay here again. There was no pool/gym but none was needed and it was much cheaper than a hotel of it's value usually is

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker as I am ask for non smoking room in a quiet area(2nd floor) also ask for fri...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Odessafile75
GMComfortInnKingston, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Highway 401, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

What a pleasure for us to read your review from your stay at the Comfort Inn Kingston Hwy 401 and we feel as if you summed up our property perfectly. It appears that you were able to take advantage of our newly upgraded amenities in our rooms and our fantastic location. We appreciate your comments about our new Hot Breakfast program. We are pleased to offer our guests a complimentary hearty hot breakfast. The Comfort Inn Kingston Hwy 401 is one of the few hotels with a free breakfast that offers so much.
It is our hope that you will return soon and thank you again for writing a review.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great location, service, price. Nice cozy room, with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and everything in it. Right on the highway. Breakfast was the best for 2 star hotel so far, - fruits, juice, eggs, bacon, bagels etc.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KatyaToronto
GMComfortInnKingston, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Highway 401, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our highway location and that you found our complimentary Hot Breakfast to be a benefit to your stay. It is a delight for us to hear how well your stay went and we hope you will be back again soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Further to my last review, I must say that ina non-smoking room, it is a very pleasant stay. The room offers a large screen TV, is clean and the bedding much better. Although we still smoke, we stayed in a ground floor room with sliding doors and smoked outside. The breakfast now includes scrambled eggs and bacon, as well as the usual continental breakfast items. The girl at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful and we will stay here again, under these circumstances.

Room Tip: If you smoke, pick a ground floor non smoking room and smoke outside rather than a smoking room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gabe R

Many thanks for taking the time to write another review of our hotel and we thank you for raising both positive and constructive comments, we will ensure we use your comments to improve areas which may be letting our guests down. I am very pleased that we provided you with a pleasant stay with our location and most importantly, our service.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Comfort Inn Kingston Hwy 401.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

the room was small but clean. For a nights stay it was great. it is really close to shopping and restaurants as well. It was nice to have a patio door with access to the car, made moving in and out easy. Wouldnt want to stay for long as it was really small but for a night it was perfect.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review from your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Kingston Hwy 401. We appreciate that you took the time to share both positive and negative aspects of your stay as this allows us to know whats working and identify areas for improvement.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had to find a place to stay in Kingston for a family emergency. I needed to get a good nights rest, but this hotel could not provide that for me. Indeed I was placed in a room that was at the same end of the hall as an entire hockey team from Quebec. They partied, slammed doors, talked loudly all night - between the stressful situation I was dealing with and these noisy people, and thin walls and doors - the "sleep" was worthless.

Room Tip: They offer a breakfast, but it was a messy eating area and I couldn't find any milk for the coff...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Recently stayed overnight at this hotel, the experience was not great, the bathroom was dirty, the bed was rock hard, the blanket had a black stain, there was an empty bag behind the fridge that was clearly visible. I have stayed at this hotel in the past and it has always been good, the rates have dropped because of competition of big chains nearby. I would not stay here again. The bathroom simply put was disgusting.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel has very easy access from the 401 for travellers and is surrounded by good basic restaurants that you can walk to. I went to Kingston for my daughter's convocation and found this a great stop-over place for the price. Staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are a decent size and clean. Beds are comfortable with lots of soft fluffy pillows. Since I am a smoker but don't like the smell of smoke in my room, the outside access to the room was very convenient. Also made it easy to load and unload the car. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with loads of items to choose from. Breakfast starts at 6:30a.m. so makes it easy to eat and get on your way early. This is a busy hotel so it is advisable to make reservations if you want a ground floor unit. Overall I had a very good experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gmaevers
GMComfortInnKingston, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Highway 401, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

I would like to thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Kingston Hwy 401 for your recent trip to Kingston and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. I was pleased to read that you found our property comfortable, clean and that you enjoyed a good night’s sleep.

We appreciate your comments about our new Hot Continental Breakfast. We are pleased to offer our guests a complimentary hearty continental breakfast. The Comfort Inn is one of the few hotels with a free continental breakfast that offers so much.

Thank you for all of your kind comments and we hope that you will return again in the future.