“A nice place to spend the night”

Comfort Inn - Highway 401
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Ottawa, Canada
“A nice place to spend the night”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

the room was small but clean. For a nights stay it was great. it is really close to shopping and restaurants as well. It was nice to have a patio door with access to the car, made moving in and out easy. Wouldnt want to stay for long as it was really small but for a night it was perfect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMComfortInnKingston, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Highway 401, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review from your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Kingston Hwy 401. We appreciate that you took the time to share both positive and negative aspects of your stay as this allows us to know whats working and identify areas for improvement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had to find a place to stay in Kingston for a family emergency. I needed to get a good nights rest, but this hotel could not provide that for me. Indeed I was placed in a room that was at the same end of the hall as an entire hockey team from Quebec. They partied, slammed doors, talked loudly all night - between the stressful situation I was dealing with and these noisy people, and thin walls and doors - the "sleep" was worthless.

Room Tip: They offer a breakfast, but it was a messy eating area and I couldn't find any milk for the coff...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Recently stayed overnight at this hotel, the experience was not great, the bathroom was dirty, the bed was rock hard, the blanket had a black stain, there was an empty bag behind the fridge that was clearly visible. I have stayed at this hotel in the past and it has always been good, the rates have dropped because of competition of big chains nearby. I would not stay here again. The bathroom simply put was disgusting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, Ontario
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel has very easy access from the 401 for travellers and is surrounded by good basic restaurants that you can walk to. I went to Kingston for my daughter's convocation and found this a great stop-over place for the price. Staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are a decent size and clean. Beds are comfortable with lots of soft fluffy pillows. Since I am a smoker but don't like the smell of smoke in my room, the outside access to the room was very convenient. Also made it easy to load and unload the car. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with loads of items to choose from. Breakfast starts at 6:30a.m. so makes it easy to eat and get on your way early. This is a busy hotel so it is advisable to make reservations if you want a ground floor unit. Overall I had a very good experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank gmaevers
GMComfortInnKingston, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Highway 401, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I would like to thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Kingston Hwy 401 for your recent trip to Kingston and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. I was pleased to read that you found our property comfortable, clean and that you enjoyed a good night’s sleep.

We appreciate your comments about our new Hot Continental Breakfast. We are pleased to offer our guests a complimentary hearty continental breakfast. The Comfort Inn is one of the few hotels with a free continental breakfast that offers so much.

Thank you for all of your kind comments and we hope that you will return again in the future.
London
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is a basic Comfort Inn. However, if you are elite diamond or platinum and are expecting an upgrade (as per the program), forget it. I asked to have a "drive up" room and you'd think...for my loyalty (I am a diamond member), they'd bend over backwards accommodating me. No such luck. I stay in so many hotels per year, hence my diamond status, and its these little things which bring me back. I stayed in the Comfort Inn just down the road and they moved me to a "drive up" room no problem. Wont be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMComfortInnKingston, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Highway 401, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
First I would like to thank you for using TripAdvisor. It is guest feedback that encourages us to improve in areas that did not meet and exceed expectations.
Our goal is to exceed guest expectations and it is obvious that we did not meet our standards with regards to satisfying you with our standard room. We do our very best to try to accommodate our guests requests, especially Diamond Elite Choice Privilege Members but that is not always possible due to availability. As it clearly states in the rewards section of the membership website, room upgrades are determined by each hotel at check-in, are subject to availability. Upgraded room types may include recently renovated rooms, rooms on a higher/lower floor, or rooms with favored views. Hotels are not required to upgrade members' rooms to specialty rooms or suites.
I welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally and hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves during your next visit to Kingston. Although you have mentioned that you would not return to the Comfort Inn Kingston Hwy 401, I do hope you reconsider and allow us the opportunity to show you our normally high standards.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

since we are smokers and have dogs, it was convenient that this hotel had both requirement for a low price. They give us a room at the end of the hall next to side entry, very convenient for the dogs but if you're dog bark's for nothing, he will keep you up all night because people use the side door allot. For us it was ok since our dogs are well behave. The room was ok, I had to clean the roof of the shower because it was dirty, probably the people at the room cleaning are to small to do it! Anyway lot's of restaurants very close, near downtown and good price, we didn't try the free breakfast because there was 3 buses of young athletes wile we were staying there. Room could need refurbish but is ok when traveling with dogs. In a weekend getaway, we went there not knowing what to expect after diner, wow, not expensive, the host of the show was funny and the comedians where better than some big time comedians that you pay a very expensive ticket to just smile, without laughter. we had a very good time there and will go again next time in Kingston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We always enjoy the Comfort Inn. Nothing fancy but generally nice rooms with good beds. Also complimentary breakfast. In this case, we arrived 15 minutes prior to the cut off, so some of the supplies were all gone. We missed the eggs and bacon, so had to be satisfied with toast and cereal. Not sure why the lady did not replenish the hot foods, since there were also others who came around the same time. Hotel was good but breakfast was lacking.

Room Tip: If you're travelling, a great stop over. But a short drive to the downtown activities.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends