“Dirty!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Manitoulin Island, Canada
“Dirty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

While the owners are pleasant enough, the room was filthy. The toilet hadn't been cleaned around the bottom, nor had the bathtub, covered with black dirt and soap spray from the previous guest(s). While it was vacuumed, the hose attachment wasn't used and there was a rim of dirt and dust along the entire baseboard. The bedspread had previous guest dirt on it as well. Upon my arrival home I washed everything I owned as I felt so filthy. The owners need to inspect the rooms once their cleaning staff have been in the rooms. I watched how long staff was in each room for, and it wasn't longer than 10 minutes. There was a lot of "old" dirt in this room. I washed my hands continually, I felt dirty throughout my stay. The little fridge and microwave needed a good thorough cleaning as well.
The only thing I found pleasant about the room was the bed. It was actually comfortable which really surprised me.
I won't be returning.

7 Thank ManitoulinKiss

Families
Den Haag
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Don't be fooled by the false advertising on the website. The motel only got TWO rooms with all features as advertised. Check what room you get BEFORE you book and pay!

The motel is not clean, not nicely decorated, not a good location, but hey...at least it was very, very cheap. So, if you have a tight budget and don't care much about the room you will stay - go there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank Strohm
wmanager2010, Manager at Welcome Traveller Motel, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Thank you very much for the review, this way we get to learn, the changes we require to make. We are proud to keep to know that the motel is under new management since august of 2010, and since then we have freshly painted changed carpets and beds in all almost all the rooms. Hopefully beofre the summer of 2011 we will be giving it even more more newer look.

manager

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Nanjing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

It was fine for a basic overnight place to sleep. It's a long way out from the city, so it's not a sight-seeing base. Clean, beds comfortable, quiet, inexpensive ($60 total). Perfectly good bathroom. I have stayed in many motels of this class in and around Kingston, and have been disappointed several times. I would come back to this one again if I was still in this price bracket!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

For what your paying, it's a decent place to stay. Don't expect anything 3 stars though. I wouldn't reccommend staying there for more than 3 nights as if your sightseeing in Kingston, better to go to the heart of the city than staying further away.
Staff (seem like it was family-owned) were friendly & helpful.
The room I stayed in (two double beds), had a musky odor once entering in, but with the flip of the AC found it fine. Carpet didn't look/feel nice (looked like it required a second vacuuming) and overall, the motel felt pretty dated. A few things that I liked about it was that I had a microwave & fridge in my room with no extra charge. Also, got to watch some good TV (i.e. Spike, Food network, discovery + HGTV).

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — rooms did not appear too clean.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

i stayed based on the reviews........don't make the same mistake as me...but, you be the judge....once you pull into the trailer park..sorry, motel you'll understand what i'm talking about....rooms are nothing to write home about either.....some one should really check where these reviews come from cause i don't know how someone could write all these good things...all you doing is fooling people such as myself, who inturn write bad reviews.....stop lying welcome traveller

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St. Catharines ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2004

After viewing the website for this motel, and then staying there for 2 nights, I feel compelled to advise others of the false advertising on the website. There were only 2 rooms that offered the amenities advertised on the website. Our room was one of the poorest of the whole motel. The covers on the bed were old and tattered, the room smelled odd, the lighting was very dim and old, the TV was on a shelf over the top of the window so that you had to lie flat on the bed to see it. We had to ask for in room coffee makers (if there were any left) and some rooms had cots and not a second bed as advertised. The rooms were not cleaned every day. If we had paid $40 for this room I wouldn't complain. But we were charged $80 a night!! Traveller beware!

• Stayed August 2004
4 Thank DiamondLil49
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2004

During my stay at this particular motel I was very pleased. They provided me with information and directions to where I was planning on going. It's close to EVERYTHING! I would like to thank the staff for making my vacation perfect. I have stayed at places that costed 3 times as much and didn't have as good a time as i did at the Welcome Travellers motel. Trust me, if you want to have a great time at very low cost, this is the place for you!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member