“Very good value”

Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
London, Canada
“Very good value”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in the summer. Chose this hotel because it was significantly cheaper than any of the hotels closer to the waterfront. The room was clean and recently renovated. Nothing special, but the bottom line is that it was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly enough. Overall, we were happy with this place. Glad we didn't pay twice as much to stay at a hotel closer to the harbour.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K_Nedward1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My daughter and I stayed in room 115 for 2 nights from Dec 21 - 23 2012. The room was very clean and the furnishings, beddinng, fixtures, etc seemed fairly new. The tv did have lines through the channels when I first turned it on but once I checked the cable leading into the tv and tightened it the picture was perfect. The room temperature was perfect for the time we were there. My daughter loved how comfortable the bed and pillows were thank goodness lol. The free continental breakfast was great with enough variety of choices for everyone and there were no hassels when we were still eating past 10 am.

This is not a hotel and is not advertised as a hotel. It is a courtyard style motel/inn that has had the rooms renovated. You can not beat the price for what you get which also includes free wifi which we never had a problem with. The staff at the Inn is fantastic. I would like to thank the GM Mr Grewal for being so courteous and helpful. The housekeeper working at the time of our stay was very pleasant and patient with us as well.

Overall you can not beat the price for what you get and the service is great along with the location which is just a couple of minutes from downtown and all of the trendy restaurants and bars. Would stay here again for sure and recommend it to anyone.

Russ K

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Russ K
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel December 7th and 8th and stayed in room 115. We booked a two night stay and made a no refund reservation. Between booking and check in, the price went down but the hotel would not change the reservation.

The room was too hot and when we asked the front desk how to turn down the heat. The didn't know but they did ask housekeeping. You can't turn down the heat here as it is on one control. We needed to open the window.

The bed had a dip in it and it was a bit of a turn off when the last guests coffee was still in the coffee maker. It was difficult to watch the tv as the cable/satelite had lines through every channel.

A good locaton but that is about it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I bought 2 nights on dealfind for my daughter whom could not use it - so I quickly made a reservations in Nov. before my deal expired. Then was very worried with all the negative comments on here. Well I was suprised with the very comfy rooms for the price - my pillows and bed were sooo comfortable and the rest was quite nice. Now it's not the ritz but it is way above par for what I paid for which was quite cheap. The staff was incredible and the little pool looked cute if it was summer - I felt confortable and enjoyed my stay very much. Now if you want the Ritz it is not 5 star but neither a hole - it is reasonable and I would stay again bc you can't beat the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple