“Good value for the price”

Howard Johnson Inn Kingston
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Canada
“Good value for the price”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Staff was friendly upon check in and took the initiative to give info about 1000 islands without being asked. Getting to the room was very surprised. Room was renovated, had fridge, microwave and best of all, free wireless all over hotel and the beds were awesome to sleep in!! If I have to give a negative point would be to the cleaningless as we found hairs on the bed sheets and pillow plus bathroom curtain was pretty dirty as well. Breakfast was included on the rate and it was great, bread, yogurt, cereal and we can even make our own waffles. It is not a 4 star or anything close to that but it is with no doubt a good value for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ticia09
HS G, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Kingston, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you Ticia09 for the kind words. We have also had talks regarding the hair issue and it should not be an issue anymore. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The location on Princess St is great. Many restaurants & stores for shopping - 5 minutes from Hospital which was great for my visit. My room was very clean with lots of towels & amenities. Staff is very friendly & accomodating. I would definitely stay there again if I come back to the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Monroe104
Thank you Monroe104 for the review, we are always happy when a guest leaves happy.
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Stayed for two nights and had no issues whatsoever and sure can't complain about what we paid. We had a brand new remodelled room which was great ! Nice perk of coffee, juice and yogurt offered in the morning. Had a few conversations with the fellow at the desk & he was great ! Love the location. We'll be staying here again in July ! Pat & Diane (North Bay)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thanks Pat and Diane, hope to see you again soon.
Europe
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Clean, functional, nice staff, breakfast self service varied

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BooEurope
Thank you BooEurope for the kind words and are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Montreal
Reviewed May 1, 2011

After reading some of the reviews here I was a little wary of what to expect. I was actually pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and newly renovated. There was a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Overnight was very quiet - the rooms are well back from the street, so no traffic noise. There is a free breakfast - coffee, juice, fruit, toast, cereal - not too much, but what do expect for free. I think we paid about $55, so overall very good value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DCMontreal
faugee, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Kingston, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you DCMontreal for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy when a guest leaves happy. We will be updating the breakfast in the very near future and adding a few new items.
Sault Ste Marie, ON
Reviewed March 10, 2011

When i pulled up to this hotel all i could think of was that i was gonna be shot. Check in was quick and the front desk guy was cool. Got to my room and was scared cause the door looked like i could push it down. Walked in the room and the room shocked me. It was mostly clean and looked like it had been renovated. Tv not was not working and would only show 1 channel. But for a Hojo motel around 40 dollars it wasent terrible. Only recommended for 1 night stays though. If your in the area for a long time i recommend paying more for better

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you kevinthecheesehead for your review. The doors and locks and windows were are installed throughout Feb of this year and the exterior surrounding the doors will be getting a redo as well.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I stayed at the Howard Johnson while I was in Kingston for an interview. I was in one of the newly renovated rooms. The rooms were spacious and very clean. I was impressed with the tile washroom and the comfortable beds. There was free convenient parking right in front of the room I stayed in, which was great as I was there during a snow storm.

The service was excellent. The staff set me up with the free wireless and very politely answered all of my questions. They heated some water for me late in the evening when I wanted to make some tea. I had reserved a room for two nights but decided to leave a day earlier because of a snow storm. The front desk staff and the general manager were kind to refund the payment I had made for the second night.

I was very happy with my stay and would recommend it for both business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DeeZam
Thank you DeeZam for the kind review. We get quite a few people who are here for interviews that time of year and we understand it can be stressfull. We do our best to accomodate our guest and the snow storm was pretty bad that week if i recall. I am glad you made it out in time and hope the interview went well. Take care