“It was decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kozy Inn

Kozy Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston
Kozy Inn
Ranked #37 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto
“It was decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2008

Obviously it was no hampton inn but for the rate we got it was excellent- staff was nice .. rooms were clean and smelled good- we enjoyed our stay

Stayed October 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008

I have never seen a disaster until we went to the kozy inn.
The room had an air conditioner but it was in a corner on the floor, bed rails leaning against a wall, bed spread stained.
the screen door would not open but that was okay as there was no screen there anyway so reaching in to unlock it was no problem. I would not advise any one to stay there at all.
Please look at the rooms before you pay for it.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — getting out of there as quick as possible
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2007

I had family members that where very ill and I needed a room for 2 nights. when I arrived the management "Cathy" was very helpful and polite . If I needed anything they where there for me. thanks for a wonderful stay

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank cosmo5
Kingston, ON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2005

We were suppose to stay the Kozy Inn in Kingston for 3 nights over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. We were booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. We only stayed 1 full night and left at 10:00 pm on the Saturday night and moved to a different hotel. The rooms of the Kozy Inn are not what you would think - they are not Kozy at all. The beds are saggy and uncomfortable and the furniture was old and had seen better days. Although the front desk staff was friendly when we arrived, their tune changed when I went to the front desk to express my concerns about the room. They didn't even offer to have someone come to the room to check the cleanliness and the broken bathroom door.

On the Friday night there were a couple of rooms just down from ours that were being very loud and disrespectful to the us and other guests. We asked them if they could please be a little quieter and take their party into their respective rooms - we were told that they didn't have to as their uncle owned the hotel. I then went to the front desk and spoke with the manager, who admitted to me that his nephews had rooms there for the weekend and that they could party as much as they wanted to until 11:00 pm, which is when quiet time started. That was not the case and they continued to party until the wee hours of the morning, preventing us and maybe even others from getting some rest. When I complained the next morning, the hotel staff said there wasn't anything they could do about it as it was now over and done with.

We went out for the day to spend time with family in the area and do some shopping, when we returned about 5:00 pm to get ready for dinner, our room had not be cleaned. I called the front desk and they told me that housekeeping was done for the day as far as room cleaning went unless it was an emergency (ie. toilet overflowing or something like that). We found out we would have to wait until the next morning for it to be cleaned. I then went to the front desk to speak with the manager and received the same response. They didn't really seem to care.

We decided to go out for dinner and when we returned around 9:00 pm, we could not find a place to park as the people who were partying the previous night decided to party again, this time inviting others to the party that took up many of the parking spaces, leaving no room for hotel guests. I, again, went to the front desk and was told that if there were no parking spots left, that I could park at the A&W a couple of doors over and then move my car back when a space became available. I told them that this was unacceptable as I was a paying guest and had endured about enough. "There is nothing I can do", said the person at the front desk.

We returned to our room, gathered our things and called another hotel just down the road. We told them our situation and all they had left were suites. They offered to give us a suite for the same price as a standard room considering what we had already been through. We left immediately and enjoyed our stay at the other hotel.

I would never recommend the Kozy Inn to friends, family, strangers or my enemies. Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2005
11 Thank MrkLws
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2005

The owners of this motel were extremely nice and welcoming. I was asked everyday if I needed anything for my room, and when I left and came back, the bed was made, new towels, and garbage was taken out. I didn't mind tipping there at all!! and the rooms are very nice! I highly recommend this motel! My thanks goes out to the Kozy Inn management & staff.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2005

Terrible, terrible and terrible. And the owners do not care. My friend from Lisbon, Ohio booked a 'suite' and I came in from Ottawa, Ontario, to spend some time with her.

Well, firstly the air conditioning did not work -- finally after two days of unbearable heat, they installed a new unit. In the meantime, for the three-day stay, no beds were changed or made up, no towels were changed or picked up, no garbage was taken out, in fact, no service whatsoever was made available and when complaints were made, they fell on deaf ears and in fact, they tried to turn the tables and blame my friend for whatever~!!!!. I believe even the Manager, when brought in to view the state of the rooms, was embarrassed!!!!!

This is a 'take your money and run' establishment--certainly not deserving of any clientele and should be removed from any accreditation of a hotel/motel.

As I am an impartial party--a guest--I would welcome being involved with any dispute as my friend most definitely deserves her money back!

Stayed June 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2005

I travel alot with my family and usually hunt for great rates and quality, just like everyone else. So I finally called in at the Kozy Inn and made a reservation. I had been to Kingston a few times before and this place had the best rooms and service. My kids had a great time at the pool. The owner was such a gentleman to talk to and the rooms were in great shape. They provided us with extra pillows, towels and pretty much anything we requested. I will always recommend this Inn to stay at in Kingston. I do not understand how these other people can say anything bad about this lovely place.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member