“Totally Luxurious and Relaxing, Private Stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Green Acres Inn

Green Acres Inn
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
“Totally Luxurious and Relaxing, Private Stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in #30 which was a corner unit. It is away from the main road and quieter. We stayed in the Spa room which I find to be a little too expensive than what I would like to pay. However with that being said, we booked in an extra night! The four-poster bed has a luxurious mattress that you sink right into and there are many fluffy pillows which includes a body pillow. The steam 'room'/shower is absolutely wonderful and incredibly relaxing. I think that this is what you are paying for. :) I want to immediately start our own bathroom spa renovation which will definitely include a steam room like this one. Can't say enough about it! Although the motel is not located downtown, my husband and I were able to walk to Smitty's for breakfast. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank CarolinaLaur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was greeted with a great big smile from a friendly girl named Sarah. She was very helpful and gave me the information that I needed for my stay in Kingston. Thank you so very much Sarah. I had a lovely time & a good night sleep. Pretty would best describe this inn. The flowers in the washroom and all the smelly goodies are a nice touch. The jacuzzi bath was just an added bonus for me. The room was exactly what was described on your website. Clean. Comfortable. Affordable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Commerce Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a lovely room complete with a small refrigerator, carnation at the sink and a beautifully landscaped pool. This is a very very clean property and a great value for the weary traveler(s). The staff was most pleasant and the specialty chocolate pieces at the front desk was an extra treat. Wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Green Acres Inn for one night based on the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor. We could have done better. It's basically a motel with a little extra. They're trying hard and the people were really nice and helpful, which is a huge plus. But the room was a disappointment - furniture seemed a bit shabby, lighting was very poor (could barely read in bed), no desk (even though it was called an "executive junior suite"), coffee pot not rinsed properly (soapy film), The motel's on a pretty busy commercial strip - a drive to downtown Kingston, waterfront, or shopping. It was okay for one night, but it's far from the nicest place I've stayed at that price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank advok8
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This motel is clean, well kept, room rate was 129.00 which was okay for 2 queen beds. Has a pool and well kept lawns.
Motel is top rated on Tripadvisor which got me interested.
Service was great, no problem at all. I think if you want a motel or are visiting a son/daughter at Queen's University this is good.
Visiting Kingston my thought might be for value of hotel blended with location. Green Acre is a bit outside the main area. I think the Holiday Inn or others located on water front have a big advantage, if room rate for them is 175 or 225 I would think that could be a better deal. For a motel there is nothing negative to say, if you are visiting Kingston and want a convenient location too it might be worth comparing hotels right on the waterfront which is also adjacent to the restaurants and markets. Princess Street, the end NEAR the water is great.
I have had a hard time deciding what to write, location and price I would have to lean towards downtown. Downtown Kingston has a lot to offer, cool restaurants, stores, social life.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Graeme M
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at Green Acres Inn! Daniel was extremely helpful at the front desk. As we did not know much about Kingston we asked Daniel where to eat for dinner and he provided excellent suggestions along with a restaurant list. We tried Bella Bistro and it was excellent! The mussels with coconut sauce were awesome! In addition, we liked going to Smitty's restaurant for breakfast!

Our room was right across from the swimming pool and playground area which was perfect! Our kids enjoyed playing on the swing set and slide. Our kids also had fun playing a game of hide-and-go-seek as there is plenty of room for the kids to run around in the field area! The outdoor pool is also well maintained which we also enjoyed!

We also appreciate the detail put in our room by providing Crabtree & Evelyn products, a larger size TV and the four-stage water available at the front desk which a nice touch.

This was a great place to do an overnight stay as we were going from Toronto to Quebec and I would recommend the Inn especially for families!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with kids try to request a room across from the pool and playground area!