“relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
London, Canada
“relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in June 2013 and have nothing but the best compliments for both the place and the staff.
You can tell as soon as you pull into the driveway that there is pride of ownership everywhere you look.
Quite frankly, I have never met a more friendly, cheerful and welcoming receptionist as Sarah. If I could give 6 stars to her I would. She always had a beaming smile and was both thorough and very professional without the starchiness that seems innate with some employees of the larger chains.

I absolutely loved the outdoor pool and noticed while swimming that they had a comfy hammock on their very beautiful, landscaped grounds; which I used both evenings.

The rooms are very well appointed and look as though they had been refurbished recently.
Loved the soaker tub as well.
I really appreciated that they've included dishes and cutlery and as I'm travelling on my own dime I will make simple meals with the use of a microwave. The addition of the above makes it so much easier to do.
Small touches like this are what separates the fair from the very good to excellent.

I will not hesitate to recommend Green Acres Inn to anyone I know.............or don't know like I am here.

Room Tip: Even though the inn is set back some from the road, I would recommend getting a unit further back fr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
innkeeperford, Owner at Green Acres Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you very much for the heartwarming words about our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your two night stay and will recommend the Green Acres to your friends visiting the Kingston area. I have passed on your lovely comments about Sara to her and I believe they made her day. I feel very blessed to have people like her to work with everyday.

Innkeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a perfect place for you if want some of the charm of a B&B but have some hermit in you too. They deliver croissants and good coffee for a small fee at whatever time you want in the AM (DO IT). The room and property were well taken care of. Good paint job, air conditioning worked, lights in all the right places, dim switch, micro, fridge, toaster, mini counter to make a sandwich, coffee maker, flat screen TV, Q-tips, cotton make up pads, cold filtered (4 stage) water, fan in the bathroom...Every thing a person could want was clean and ready to use. Wine glasses even! Whirlpool tub was wonderful. Bathroom was relaxing, good sized and clean. Decorating choices were tasteful. Room was not huge but furniture was so tastefully chosen that it was very comfortable. Parked right outside the room making loading easy. Pool was very nice too. Ask for pool towels because they thought of that too. Will return if I can. Wish I could have stayed longer because Kingston is a great town to visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
innkeeperford, Owner at Green Acres Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Green Acres. It means a lot to me that you enjoyed the details that we hope make our guests more comfortable. I look forward to meeting you on your next stay with us.

Many thanks again,
Innkeeper
Warwick, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I don't know if the staff were taking happy pills, but they were the nicest bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with in all my travels around the world.

Nothing was too much hassle, everything seemed a genuine pleasure.

The room was great and spacious. It's an upmarket motel, so the walls are thin, but we had no neighbours either side so no bother there.

Great night sleep, beds very comfortable, happy baby in the crib.

All the touches are fantastic - the garden area is brilliant, the hammock was very relaxing and the BBQ seemed a high spec model that was a pleasure to cook with.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The love and care that has gone into the Green Acres Inn is immediately apparent when you drive onto the property - beautiful gardens and landscaping, cheerful flower pots and a clean, modern swimming pool. The bright red swing set made me wish my six year old was with me! My room was equally charming - and with all modern conveniences including a marble bathroom and steam shower that would rival a five star boutique hotel. The staff was genuine and helpful - a very happy place. Would highly recommend for business travellers looking for a respite from their busy agenda, for families that could benefit from some pool-time after sightseeing and for ladies who are on a shopping mission.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Have been coming here for over 5 years and have never been disappointed. There were 5 of us getting together for a reunion and they were so accommodating making sure we had rooms beside each other. On the Saturday night, they offered us a 2 room suite that had 2 bedrooms, a living room, dining room and kitchen. To top it off we had a large balcony. The only complaint we had is that it was cold and rainy and only cleared up just before we left on Sunday so did not have opportunity to use pool and balcony. I'm sure if they could have they would have ordered sunshine for us. All the staff and the owner are so friendly and helpful. Bye the way the breakfast recommendation for the little place down the road was excellent. The 5 of us kept saying how much we loved the place and how we felt like it was our home away from home. We will be back and hopefully sooner rather than later....just trying to organize the same weekend for all of us. In the meantime I'm sure I will be returning with my husband as our son is at Queens. Thanks again for making our reunion weekend so enjoyable.

Room Tip: I have been in many different rooms and they all were nicely decorated with everything you need.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BJAGM
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just got back from staying one night at the little Green Acres, Inn.
I must honestly say that the guest service was by far one of the best experiences I had in a long time. Some larger resorts could certainly learn a lot here.
The greeting was superb and even when we left the service was fabulous.
I happen to leave something in the room and here again the professionalism and courtesy I received was fabulous. Keep up the good work.
The room was small yet very clean. It was all in all a good experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank canadamaus
Belleville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

The room was nicely appointed and clean. Even the carpet was clean...a bonus! The bed was well-worn and uncomfortable. It had seen weary travelers two years too long. We both had sore backs upon rising in the morning.

The grounds are picturesque and staff were friendly and willing to help.

I don't feel the nightly cost is justified. About thirty dollars too much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Falcon F
innkeeperford, Owner at Green Acres Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property from your December 2012 stay. I am happy to hear that you found our rooms nicely appointed, clean and the staff friendly and willing to help. I am very concerned that you did not find the bed comfortable in the room that you stayed in. We replace a number of box springs and mattresses each year with premium Simmons Beautyrest sets. I am anxious to investigate this further and I would very much appreciate it if you would contact us so I can determine which room you stayed in, and I can be sure that bed was part of our spring replacement initiative.
613 546 1796