“ugh”

Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Phoenix, Arizona
“ugh”
Reviewed September 4, 2008

don't stay here. The room floor was wet. Hotel full of workers (road crews) who were up by 6 am and revving up their vehicles. Crummy breakfast. Sliding glass door gave outside access, but unsafe as there was no step down - more like a leap. Corridor smelled musty and overall a great disappointment. Expensive for what we didn't get.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hal B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto
Reviewed April 29, 2008

My stay at the Comfort Inn Midtown was great.I was in town for an interview, From check in, the staff made my stay extremely pleasant, the girl who checked me in (I believe her name started with a M, michelle, something like that) was very helpful, and gave me excellent directions to all the destinations I needed to be for my trip. The housekeeping staff were also very kind. Even though it is a chain, it has a mom and pop kind of feel, because everyone is so friendly! It's refreshing to meet people out there that really care about the customers, and don't act like your bothering them. The room was nice, they informed me it had just been renovated. I had a room on the first floor, so we actually could pull our truck right up to the door of our room! (having a patio door to outside was good for my smoker husband.) The evening was nice and quiet. I absolutley loved the breakfast in the morning, so much to choose from. I will come back for sure next time I visit Kingston!

• Liked — The drive up patio door
  • Disliked — Paying for the bottle of water in the room (I thought it was free)
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed October 8, 2007

we had three non-smoking rooms here over the weekend. 2 rooms were OK, and the third room had a terrible odour - kind of like mildew or mould. When we complained at the front desk we were told the foul smell was the new tv. One of the other rooms my father stayed in had a new tv and it did not smell. We changed rooms to the upper floor and was given the last room in the hotel. We were warned it was a smoking room, and preferred the odour of smoke over mould.

The room was very hot so we needed the air conditioning. the A/C unit was so loud i could barely sleep. I do understand this is a budget hotel, but I found it to be very uncomfortable.

All 3 rooms were very clean as were the common areas of the hotel. the staff were friendly and the rates were reasonable. This hotel is also pet friendly. Please keep in mind 2 of the 3 rooms were fine. i'm not sure i'd stay here again though.

• Liked — pet friendly
  • Disliked — the foul odour in one of the rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank BramptonBri

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Kitchener
Reviewed May 30, 2007

We booked the day before our stay and there was only one room left, but they didn't inform us it was a smoking room that totally wreaked.
I could barely even sleep it stunk so badly. Ewww and the kleenex in the bathroom were so old and smoke filled that they had turned yellow!! Also, the rooms are very ugly.

• Liked — The free water bottle
  • Disliked — The stink
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank tancoo
Harrowsmith
Reviewed May 7, 2007

We had a great stay, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and breakfast in the morning was a bonus. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. Great value for the price.

• Liked — great friendly service, clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 4, 2005

I went to Kingston on the weekend for my sons hockey tournement and was booked into the Comfort Inn. When we arrived I realized that we needed pillows and blankets for the pull out couch. I called down to the front desk and was told they were in the room. But we didn't have any pillows so I was informed that they would "try" and find me some and I was to go to down and get them. Also when I pulled out the couch I found the blanket in there was stained with a crusty yellow tinge." It was gross!" When I informed them of this all the receptionist said to me was- Well you should have informed us earlier then we would be able to pin point who the cleaner was that cleaned your room." You can imagine my thoughts."
This will be my one and only stay at that hotel. There were three hockey teams in there that weekend. I'm sure our hockey association will think twice when booking our next stay in Kingston

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2005

Large rooms, impeccably cleaned, excellent front desk service. Asked for ironing board and iron, asked for extra towels and got it instantly. Located close to many restaurants and close enough to the waterfront. Quiet location. Loved our weekend stay there.

Cannot say enough about the front desk, even to the point of leaving something in the room and having it couriered back to me the next day. So courteous on the phone.

Very impressed, will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2005