Maple Crest Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hilltop Motel(Kingston)
Embassy Motel(Kingston)
View Hotel
All reviewscomfort inn midtownsausage pattyfree parking and internetvia rail stationpriced hotelprincess ststayed for one nightstay there againclean hotelvalue for the moneyfree breakfasthot breakfasta great staycleaning staffyogurtsuzyhomecoming
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last weekend and found this hotel to be absolutely great. It was very affordable and our room was very nice. The staff were very pleasent too which was nice and went above and beyond to accomated us and make our weekend getaway a great one. I would recommend this to any traveller that is passing through the Kingston area. Thank you :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnMidtown, General Manager at Maple Crest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know that our location suited you and that you were well attended by our staff. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn Midtown. Thank you

Reviewed January 11, 2012

It's obvious the management and staff are working hard to make this "home away from home" better with each visit. From the new breakfast addition to the new flat screen TVs in the rooms, I couldn't have been happier. Add in a motivated, friendly staff who remembered me by name and went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed to be comfortable, and I'm not sure there's anywhere else I'll stay when I'm in Kingston. Thanks for great stay after great stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your review! I will be sure to give this review to all of the staff here as it is important for them to hear they do a great job from someone other than management once and a while! We aim to provide all the comforts of home and more to our guests. The next time you think to add a few more days to your say please don’t hesitate! We’d love to have you!

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have stayed at this motel no less than than 5 times over the past few years while visiting Kingston and have always found the staff to be very friendly , accomodating, helpful. It is an older hotel but I have always found the room to be more than adequate with clean bathrooms, adequate TVS, very firm mattresses and often with a small fridge at my request. There is free parking and if one needs extra towels or toiletries they are quick to comply. I think the breakfast is more than adequate with a variety of juices, milk, coffee, fruit , jams, toast as well as boiled eggs.The motel has converted one of it's guest rooms close to the breakfast area to a small dining area with tables and a tv and it's convenient to eat one's breakfast, read the newspaper, watch the morning news and meet other hotel guests. The motel does allow pets and often is a host to a minor sports team so at my request they give me a room which generally is not used for familes with pets or smoking areas.I have gotten to know the manager Lisa and enjoy her sense of humour as well as the other staff. I strongly disagree with some of the other comments which appear to be from people who stayed 1 time and got a bad impression. Yes the motel is close to some train tracks but Kingston is a small city and the motel just happens to be close to the Via Rail station which actually is a convenince. In addition the train tracks to the best of my memory are NOT the main train stracks for Via Rail but one that is seldom used and when it is used it is for some transport but I don't ever recall being awakened by any train noise. The motel is very close to conveniences such as Avis rent a car which is great when I came to Kingston from Toronto by train and rented a car for use in city. I also find I can negotiate a good rate whether it is Aeroplan, Or "choice hotel" and as well I can cancel if need be without my credit card being charged.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is not used for familes who have pets or away from large groups. As a rule the 2nd floor may be quieter
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate the time and effort in sharing your experiences because our focus is on the guest and providing the best experience. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the entire team here! We look forward to welcoming you back when you travel to Kingston in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

In my humble opinion, this place looks like they rent rooms by the hour. Dirty, shabby halls, close to the train tracks. Just pick another place.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that there are any good rooms here.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank margaret e
MidtownComfort, General Manager at Maple Crest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Midtown. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our valuable guests and it is evident through your comments that we did not meet them. All hotels from time to time need to upgrade their furnishing and ownership is in the process of addressing this issue. Thank you

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while on training. It was not to far from where the training was. Very friendly staff. The hotel is a little older but still in good condition. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

The Comfort Inn Midtown appreciates your positive feedback. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your training in Kingston. We hope to have you as a guest again and in the near future. Thank you