“Comfortable”

Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Kitchener, Canada
“Comfortable”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Had a great stay at this hotel. Was not able to check in right away, however was able to go shopping and when we came back, Front Desk staff were very friendly and told me my room was ready just after lunch and we were able to change before the wedding we were attending, and we were traveling 4 hours. It was a beautiful room, and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept inn. The next morning, we enjoyed a wonderful and the breakfast ladies were very helpful and very nice. Would definately recommend it and or love to stay again if we are up that way.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed at this property for 5 days in early May. Had a standard double bed room on their renovated floor. Hotel features free wireless Internet, has comfortable beds, is in good repair and is very pleasant. My room was well lit, comfortable, clean and reasonably well appointed. Water was hot, pressure was good and everything worked. The room had a 32" LCD tv that I didn't try (not much of a TV watcher).

The hotel has an in door water park (water slide, pool, hot tub). The water slide only runs on weekends during off season so check to see if it's running if that's your reason for staying.

The hotel backs onto wetland. If you can get a room on the wetland side, get it. There is no road noise. Rooms that face Hwy 2 have some moderate road noise. I had a room with a door to the adjoining room. The door seemed thin and I could hear more than I care from the guest next door.

Also the hotel is independent so you don't get frequent stay point with any hotel chain.

Otherwise a good stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed May 4, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were clean and spacious. We enjoyed a meal at the restaurant and the kids spent hours at the pool.
It is in the middle of the city which made it easy access to all attractions/shopping.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Brockville
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We had a great time. Really enjoyed the movie nights and all the activities for the kids each day. We stayed 2 days and were busy the whole time. It did rain but we didn't care because between swimming, the water slide, splash pad and the clown Silly Sally, we never went outside.

Stayed in a renovated room with 2 queen beds over looking the pool area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I travel a lot for work and I will have to say the Ambassador is by far my favorite hotel to stay at. I actually will spend the extra night at the Ambassador and drive to my next destination in the morning just to get the extra night there. The staff is amazing, the food is always hot and delicious and it feels like home away from home. I can't say enough good things about this hotel!! Stay there you will see what I mean - and the waterpark is great for families!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Ottawa
Reviewed May 2, 2010

What a fantastic place. This is by far the best hotel I have ever been in and the main reason for that is the customer service. The staff is always courteous and wanting to help with any situation. It is nice to see smiling faces and hard work when you have travelled a long way. The hotel is extremely clean and looks fantastic inside. Bedrooms are wonderful and the beds are of the top quality. Location is key as downtown Kingston is terrible to park in, yet this is on Princess street which makes it simple to get where you want. The food at JM's restaurant inside the hotel is great, especially the Prime Rib and the weekend breakfast buffets. I recommend this location to anyone visiting the area and I would have no problem paying even more money to stay there. Wonderful wonderful place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2010

This hotel has everything you could want. They had excellent customer service, always the most pleasant people to deal with and never had a problem with anything. The rooms are spacious, modern and have extremely comfortable beds!! Also, the hotel is quite central to a lot of attractions in Kingston. I have never been so impressed with a hotel before. I have had a lot of bad hotel experiences but this great one makes up for all that. It also has a fabulous restaurant , "JM's", defintely have to have the breakfast there. It is delicious and affordable! The pool and gym are great, too. I loved this hotel and would stay there every time I stay in Kingston!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple