“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Ashford, Middlesex
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with a group of visually impaired holidaymakers and had a great time.
Our room was fairly spacious, although the bed was a little snug for two people. The hotel's pool was small but very welcome (it's got a slide), while the steam room was popular with everyone.
The conference centre was overrun by hookers (fortunately this was the nickname that the Ontario Hooking Craft Guild had given themselves). The restaurant was welcoming, if a little simplistic.
The hotel is a couple of miles outside the main body of Kingston, but it is a nice location with shops nearby and an antiques market across the road. Breakfast was a buffet affair but quite varied.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger bed and be aware that there are 2 buildings
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotelmanager1550, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello Dragonmaster79.. Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience with us and do hope to see you back again very soon.

Best Regards;

Direct Line 613 541 4676

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
ORANGEVILLE
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked an economy room but received free upgrade to beautiful 'comfort' room. Slept very well indeed in this recently tastefully appointed room. Restaurant served us breakfast on request happily even though they had already switched to lunch. Very impressive example of putting the guest first! Food was excellent and there was lots of it for a decent price.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Hotelmanager1550, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi Andreas J.. thank you very much for posting your comments. We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience during your last visit. We hope to see you back again soon!

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was at the Ambassador for a conference, and ended up having a lot of work to do during my stay. Most of my work consists in printing and faxing credit applications. The front desk staff was so nice and understanding and helped me with all my "legal size" printing as well as COMPLIMENTARY FAX. I was very impressed with their professionalism, and their patients! (I probably sent 20 fax) I don't know if long distance fax are charged as I was faxing to a 1-888 number...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi Sara747 ..Thank you for posting your comments. I am delighted that our team provided you with excellent service during your recent visit. We hope to welcome you back again very soon..

mississauga
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We just stayed here (Saturday night) for a soccer tournament. The staff (2 females) at the front desk were very friendly, checking in and checking out. The rooms are advertised as "newly renovated". Maybe "just painted" is more like it. Although, to be fair, the bathroom may have been fixed up. The tile did look new. But our 2 bedroom queen room was nothing special. I didn't find the beds that comfortable. 3 spiders in our room. For $200/night, I would have at least expected a mini fridge in the room. They offered me one for an extra $25/night. I had asked for an early check in (2 hrs if possible) and was told that it was unlikely but I could guarantee it by paying for the night before..."even if you're not going to use it". REALLY? Another $200 to get a room just 2 hrs early??? That was the most absurd recommendation I've ever received from a hotel!!! We did end up getting the early check in. The pool is small. The waterslide would be fun for the kids although ours didn't use it (teens). When we walked into the West tower, where our room was, the pool smell was overpowering. It has a small workout room. It's just very disappointing that hotels here in Canada, in cottage country, are so expensive and nothing special for the price. Because of the price vs value, I don't think I would go back to this hotel. I know there's not much choice in Kingston, but I would settle for a Best Western or Comfort Inn (right next to the outlets). It think they're about $50 cheaper. And some at least include a continental breakfast. Just not worth paying more for this one. This hotel looks much better in pictures.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hotelmanager1550, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello Travel5Mississauga ..thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent visit.

I am truly sorry that your experience was not as pleasant as you would have expected.

Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to make this right for you. Please contact me personally at your leisure as I would like to welcome you back very soon and hopefully provide a delightful experience for you and your family.

Sincerely;

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I travel to Kingston often for business and this is the only place I stay. Excellent friendly staff.
Rooms have large TV's, comfortable beds and a very good work space.
It's a little dated but always very clean. The gym is excellent when you compare it to most hotels in this price range. 10 minute drive to downtown.
Terrific value for spending a day or two on business and it is very kid friendly with quite a few activities.

Room Tip: Take an upgrade at a small fee to get and Executive room on the top floors and try to face the back...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dun_00
Hello McD159-13..Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We truly appreciate your remarks and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

We are offering some terrific packages this summer. Check out our website or give us a call at 1-800-267-7880 to enquire.

ontario
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here as it was convenient to the highway and we had stayed here several years before. The room was average. We did not use any of the facilities. The air conditioner was loud even on the low setting. We attended the event and walked in downtown Kingston before driving back to the hotel. If you want to experience the historic Kingston area, I would not recommend this hotel. It is too far from the downtown and not really what you would want if staying more than one night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnpaul1
Hotelmanager1550, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hello JohnPaul1. Thank you for posting your review on your recent visit. I am truly sorry that your sleep was disturbed by a noising A/C unit I hope you did advise the front desk so that our maintenance team can have that repaired. We are not downtown but only about a 7 minute drive from the waterfront and we do offer free parking as most of the downtown hotels charge for parking.

I do hope you will have the chance to stay with us again in the future and if you wish to contact me personally to arrange your next reservation it would be my pleasure.

venicio@ambassadohotel.com
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The rooms were nicely decorated and clean as were the general facilities. Our stay was for an unexpected night in Kingston so this particular hotel was not a destination choice. It was conveniently located not far from the highway. We arrived at 10 pm and had to check out by 9 a.m. the next morning so our stay was short. My son was excited to try out the indoor water park and we had just missed it as we were told it closed at 10 but would reopen at 8 a.m. When we arrived at 8:15 we were allowed access to the pool but then were told the water slide was only open at 9. We were the only ones at breakfast and in the pool in the morning and that may be why the staff seemed distracted and uninterested in serving us. At breakfast the waitress, although friendly, was gone for long periods of time and twice we needed to find the hostess to help us. At the pool the young man was curt and focused on his cell phone. The water park is small but has a few nice things for kids and I'm sure is a fun destination in the winter months. Breakfast was tasty, good sized portions but a little pricey.

Room Tip: We stayed in the west tower and were awoken a couple of times in the night to the sound of trains go...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello BlessedtoTravel. Thank you for submitting your review on your recent experience here at the Ambassador. Our goal is to always provide attentive and efficient service to each of our guests. I am truly sorry that you did not receive the level of service you should expect from us on every visit. I have reviewed your comments with our team in those various departments and we will strive to rectify these situations in the future. In the meantime I do hope you have a wonderful summer and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ambassador in the near future. Please contact me personally next time you plan to come our way.

Best Regards;